Michael Forrest are u there.

15625367763262772978034244049517.jpg
15625367154892218439196958472361.jpg
15625366628041260393513503076079.jpg

So the challenge for you Michael , if you choose to accept it is to blurprint exactly where my homie friends are going to hack and weld and weld with exactly what it we can cut something cheap as the exact header that will mate this bad boy leo Vince to my goddie goddie two shoes mild 62 cc polini build with an anticipato crank basically with the intake drilled to accommodate the 13 mm Sha correctly.

Your prize if you accept and the back is successful is a public cheering. So.let me know what more I need to.make whatever calculations. But remember ...no platitudes or generalities. I want the exact stuff. If i want to guess I can do that myself. I admit my ignorance.

Re: Michael Forrest are u there.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Why are you calling out the encyclopedia?

Don't change the tuned length, cut header and rotate it. If you wanna weld up a scooter pipe, you need to know what you want to do with it. You shouldn't necessarily be modifying the length or chamber.

Marc Friedman /

Dillon exactly why I posted it this way. I'm not hacking anything until I know in advance it will work. I'm giving the encyclopedia an opportunity to figure it exactly out.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Firstly, I don't know as if Michael Forrest even owns a moped.

Secondly, if you keep the tuned length the same or close, then you aren't changing the way the pipe functions. The only required part to fab will be the slip fit for the exhaust spigot. You're just trying to modify the existing pipe to fit you bike, so keep the dimensions and just change angles.

Marc Friedman /

Lost my response. So yes I found a review of this pipe on a scoot forum and this gp design basically is a compromise on a classic expansion pipe and will support a much more limited rpm range. The other Vince pipes will run up the rpm range whereas this at 8-9 k peaked and hp dropped 50%. So maybe ok for this bravo but quite a lot of work to maybe get it on not to mention clearing the pedals. I doubt I would do this but I'm giving this guy a chance to run his calculations just for shits and giggles. If he comes up with some amazing predictions I could do his blueprinting and show the results just to settle the issue of whether he knows something guys like you don't. ....which I doubt.

As for making it quieter ...do ya think a bigger silencer would be worth any effort? I'm quite happy with how it sounds. ...I don't ride around a three am because I'm staying under the radar seeing I'm also rebuilding my head gasket on my 1993 previa on my short driveway in a crowded cul de sac. With my f250 with a four wheel camper parked my sienna van I had to buy when I blew the head on the previa oh an my old Toyota Avalon parked a bit down the street. So I don't poke the bear.

Marc Friedman /

But anyone who actually sees.and caresses this pipe would want to "mount" it. Geez it's two tone. Stainless with copper ....omg it's beautiful beyond measure. It needs a home.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

It reminds me of the galaxy eating alien object in one of the original Star Trek episodes

Marc Friedman /

Yes I agree. It's other worldly.

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It reminds me of the galaxy eating alien object in one of the original

> Star Trek episodes

Ah yes the planet killer, the doomsday machine. How appropriate for a pipe name, whatta you think Marc?

Dirty30 Dillon /

It is a great looking pipe, but i don't know as if the form factor is going to easily translate to the moped chassis.

I have a feeling you are going to have to compromise the pedals to accomodate that large belly.

And, after all this you still are just putting a mild performance scooter pipe on a mild performance moped build. I think you would be just as served with a Gianelli fire pipe/circuit type which requires no compromises or fitment troubles.

Marc Friedman /

So I will sell this pipe to somebody who will get it on the appropriate moped. $100 or so

475DD4B2-496C-4574-9E63-A8EFD6C91BA9.jpeg

Marc, please do not give up on your dream! Surely you can get this pipe on your bravo, do not take no for a answer ever!! One of the coolest pipes to ever see the light of day I’d say! I remember seeing this tomos like 10 years ago and lost it, way too cool. This could be you. Don’t give up buddy! Live the dream!!

Marc Friedman /

Whoa I can put it on my tomos !!!

That's probably one of the least appealing pipes I've seen for just about any bike .

Sure it's put together very nicely , even kinda pretty with contrasting colors .

Marc Friedman /

PD ya gotta touch it.

> Marc Friedman Wrote:

> PD ya gotta touch it.

LOL

Dirty30 Dillon /

There are a slew of other amazing scooter pipes that have much better performance options and are amazing quality. I just ordered a trio of Polini pipes for Piaggio/Vespa Scoots that will be getting put on a Ciao and some other projects.

Marc Friedman /

Dillon I hear ya.

Marc if you sell I might be into buying back, I still have one that I'm waiting to mount on my TZ/DT50 thing.

> Marc Friedman Wrote:

> PD ya gotta touch it.

With bare hands ?

You sure it doesn't bite ?

Marc Friedman /

Derek if u promise to use it I will definitely sell it back to ya. U don't have to go anywhere but ur own place to do this right. Me ...lots of hoops. I'm way more into the watercooler right now. Plus I'm pulling the head on my 1993 previa when not doing anesthesia. So it's not like I'm idle. Let me know and I will package it up.

Marc Friedman /

I still am trying to draw the theoritician out or Michael Forrest. Just want to see what he actually has to say. Not how to tune the mixture screw

> P D Wrote:

> That's probably one of the least appealing pipes I've seen for just

> about any bike .

>

> Sure it's put together very nicely , even kinda pretty with contrasting

> colors .

I kinda like it.

My only concern would be sound or rather, volume of sound.

Trucks with the big megaphone exhaust tips always seems to be obnoxiously loud. But then again they are not 2 strokes either.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account