1957 Peugeot

New again to this site. Thinking about buying an old Peugeot. Can,t find much info. Engine appears to be tagged type 1v. Has spark and compression. Definetly a project. Any tech help, parts avail, Anything. Thanks

Reddy

Re: 1957 Peugeot

Pics?

reddy kilowatt /

Workin' on that. Hopefully later today

I'd say it's a Peugeot BB1v as Peugeot didn't have a huge range of models in '57.

reddy kilowatt /

Just saw a post from Aug 2005 in this forum. Titled 1957 Peugeot moped help. Decent pics. Same model.

Post pics so folks can let you know what favour of BB1v it is...

reddy kilowatt /

First pic . Not too good at this. Anyone can tell me more about it. I believe it's a 57 but dont know model or specifics . Need carb, exhaust and cosmetic stuff. Thanks in advance

IMG_20190707_093647101.jpg

Andrew Squiggman /

Looks awkward to sit in that position

Is this the one that's listed in Allentown PA CL ? It caught my attention cuz it ain't real far from me

reddy kilowatt /

I didn't see it there, but it might have been. It was near that zip code. It's a little rough, but very cool. I'm still not sure exactly what it is. 1957 I'm sure or. I think it's a bb. Not sure bb what. Needs carb and exhaust., etc. Sitll looking for help s

and advice.

NO exhause or carb

or

the ones with the bike are not happy?

> reddy kilowatt Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I didn't see it there, but it might have been. It was near that zip

> code. It's a little rough, but very cool. I'm still not sure exactly

> what it is. 1957 I'm sure or. I think it's a bb. Not sure bb what. Needs

> carb and exhaust., etc. Sitll looking for help s

>

> and advice.

reddy kilowatt /

Most of a Mikuni carb. No air filter or choke. Not a working carb. There is no exhaust. Trying to keep it as stock as possible. Gurtner carb was stock?

Yes - the BB1 came with a Gurtner D10D (reg521 or reg560) in the standard version and the restricted speed had a D8D reg614

D10D.jpg

The BB1 is the grandfather to the Pug 101/102 motor and lots of interchange of parts will make you smile.

Albert Dyer /

I have this same year/model that I am bringing back to life. The carb has been changed to an encarwi A3 (1970's vintage). It won't take much to make this completely original again so I'm looking for the elusive parts.

I just restored one of these. I got tank decals on the way if you are interested. You can get a non variated clutch assembly off of treats. It took ALOT to get it to work. SHA 15.15 was a little tight but did fit on the intake.

Trying to think of anything useful to tell you.

You can find the taillight assembly on french ebay if you are vigilante. Should be a catalux 7 by Sobities.

The handlebar levers are kept at an awkward angle with pins. You can drill new holes for the pins so the levers are more comfortable.

If you still have plastic needle bearings in the clutch and driven pulley, its easy to swap for modern caged needle bearings.

Bearings and seals in the engine are the same as 102, 103 bearings and seals.

Got a new belt at the local tractor supply.

Thats sick you still have the covers. Wax and claybar will bring a lot of that blue back.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Did they use the same carb on the BB104? If yes I may have one for you complete

sick bike, and rebel moby never ceases to impress

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I checked the shelf of misfit toys, and lo and behold...I do have the correct carburetor if you desire. But honestly it will run better with a Dellorto SHA14.14

Yeah in the moped world originality isn't super important. Nobody's gonna nitpick carbs on an at max $1500 bike. I'd buy a dellorto and figure out the jetting. I'd be a shame to rebuild it only to seize with lean carb jetting.

I'd get a dellorto 15:15 or 14:14. Hell, even a 14:12(numbers signify venturi size and output size in mm)

That being said, if you are going for originality you won't have a problem getting the correct carb. Just make sure you tune the jetting correctly.

Albert Dyer /

Hi, yeah, I could be interested. I’m looking though old photos and have yet to find a photo of a Series 1 with anything on the tank that I can use for reference. Thanks for going through the effort to get some!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account