E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

I had a stock needle bearing crank laying around with some bad bearings. I didn’t want to buy the special bearing for it so I decided to use a method I saw on twostroke stuffing channel with a slip fit bearing mod.

I didn’t go completely slip fit, but I was able hand press on a 6203 bearing after some “lathe work” on the drill press lol.

Who thinks I should try to run this? I’m thinking it will be fine.....

image.jpg

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

Probably Fred /

If you run straight cut gears you should be OK but otherwise stock cut gears it could be a disaster with your crank going one way under acceleration then the other way with deceleration back-and-forth (crank walk) not to mention when you pull the starter clutch and crank moves sideways so that video is dumb for e50 crank,

Many people machine another grove in the case to run 2 snap ring bearings (I myself had glued bearings to case with bushing adhesive before) to keep crank from walking side to side

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If you run straight cut gears you should be OK but otherwise stock cut

> gears it could be a disaster with your crank going one way under

> acceleration then the other way with deceleration back-and-forth (crank

> walk) not to mention when you pull the starter clutch and crank moves

> sideways so that video is dumb for e50 crank,

>

> Many people machine another grove in the case to run 2 snap ring

> g bearings (I myself had glued bearings to case with bushing adhesive

> before) to keep crank from walking side to side

I thought about this. Yea you don’t press the bearings into an e50 case so I can see this happening.

I only did it to the clutchside & Its not completely slip fit ( I actually had to press it on with some force & I can only remove it with a bearing puller) I’m hoping the snap ring will help keep the bearing aligned also.

maybe some blue lock tiet but that’s going over bored?

Ken I understand you don’t like this stuff buy what do think could happen? I couldn’t see much going wrong?

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

Probably Fred /

> Rocco Taco Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Ken Roff Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > If you run straight cut gears you should be OK but otherwise stock cut

>

> > gears it could be a disaster with your crank going one way under

>

> > acceleration then the other way with deceleration back-and-forth

> (crank

>

> > walk) not to mention when you pull the starter clutch and crank moves

>

> > sideways so that video is dumb for e50 crank,

>

> >

>

> > Many people machine another grove in the case to run 2 snap ring

>

> > g bearings (I myself had glued bearings to case with bushing adhesive

>

> > before) to keep crank from walking side to side

>

> I thought about this. Yea you don’t press the bearings into an e50 case

> so I can see this happening.

>

> I only did it to the clutchside & Its not completely slip fit ( I

> actually had to press it on with some force & I can only remove it with

> a bearing puller) I’m hoping the snap ring will help keep the bearing

> aligned also.

>

> maybe some blue lock tiet but that’s going over bored?

>

> Ken I understand you don’t like this stuff buy what do think could

> happen? I couldn’t see much going wrong?

Do you mean I don’t like this stuff? I like all stuff to build a better mouse trap/more than one way to skin a cat and I like e50s though za50s way more betta

The guy wasn't working on a e50 that has angle cut gears,

A hi rpm, hi-power and or both e50 engines needs to have crank locked to bearings very tight and bearings locked to case very tight for a good build that limits crank walk is all i was saying,

Yeah what you did to save a bit of money and that is ok for stock stuff but you didn’t state what you’re going to use it for,

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

right on maybe

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

Dirty30 Dillon /

Ken: **explains what could go wrong'"

Rocco: " Yeah, but what could go wrong'?"

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

I would rather have my crank a loose tolerance fit honestly, you can shim it to take up the side play. The bearings spinning in the cases is when the crank starts a walking. The only benefit I could see is if you were spinning +14k and were cracking the cases so often to replace shit constantly.

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ken: **explains what could go wrong'"

>

> Rocco: " Yeah, but what could go wrong'?"

Yes he did explain what could happen to the bearing but I want to know if anything Could brake in the process?

I don’t t see the bearing walking or even getting spun. The engine heat will probably keep the bearing tight on the crank. The crank is not go to slide side to side because the magneto side bearing is pressed in, never mind the double circlip on both sides of the bearing and the retaining ring. I don’t see that bearing get spun because the crank wil just slip on the bearing. (edited)

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

Boring thread.... I bench tested it and it was even more boring but still satisfying. This was also my first case inducted motor ( all junk stuff I had laying around except for the reed block and carb).

I went to mount it on to the lucky bike that volunteered it self but the reed block is hitting the frame the smallest amount and now I can’t get the mounting bolt on...fuck my life. I might grind the frame but I really don’t want to. Great

Custom custom custom....Mickey mouse,Mickey mouse,Mickey Mouse

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Taco has the best threads on MA.

Re: E50 emo late model needle bearing crank with slip fit 6203 bearing. Country boy

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Taco has the best threads on MA.

Yea I literally keep my own thread going lol

I appreciate the compliment! At least nothing broke, now I have to try to mount it to a bike.

65B9C136-C300-49AD-B9E7-014B94F8766C.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account