AMF Roadmaster doofus bike How to access clutch?

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I was riding my McCollogh AMF and the clutch got stuck engaged. I am pretty sure you access it from behind the flywheel, but never had a clutch issue on any I have owned ever, so here is a motor I actually have never taken apart (never needed to!) I know these little POS have so many booby traps, I figure it is best to ask before dismantling. So what is the easiest way to check the clutch? maybe just a sring came unhooked or something got jammed in there causing it to stick.

Re: AMF Roadmaster doofus bike How to access clutch?

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

The thing runs like new but stopped disengaging. I know there are a few crazies who collect and follow these odd birds. Someone please tell me the best way to get to the clutch.

Put an ad in the repair forum.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

So I figured it out myself without breaking anything! What a pain to remove the crankshaft nut. It had a twig stuck in there that got past the plastic clutch shield.

I actually rode the doofusmobile 10 miles to work today. It is reliable, super quiet, and has the brightest lights and loudest horn of any ped I own. It almost made me forget it struggles to hit 20mph. Almost

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account