Bike Bug fuel line help needed

Doug Hammond /

I got an old Bike Bug for $25 and have had it running. I dont understand the correct running of the fuel lines.

#1 Tank is missing gromit and line. There is just a 1/2" hole or so. Where will this line go? Does gromit need to hold vaume/pressure?

#2 I will need a priming bulb inline somewhere. Where should this be placed?

#3 I see there are arrows on fuel pump. How does this relate to running lines?

#4 There is a large line conector on carb. Is this for unused fuel sent to carb from pump and will trikel back into tank (through gomit that is missing?)

#5 The best solution I saw for drive wheel is two layers of radiator hose. I know about the skateboard wheel concept but there is no info regarding how to connect it to shaft. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Doug Hammond

Re: Bike Bug fuel line help needed

Doug Hammond /

Thanks Thomas.

I have previously downloaded that doc. But it is not helpfr in regards to my questions.

Doug

Find a motorized bike forum. They have got to have the Bike Bug info somewhere.

I had 2 of these motors. I looked at the web site that I used to get a Priming Bulb but the site can not be reached... Weird.

So the tank does not need to be pressure tight. In fact it needs to be vented. I have attached a photo of a tank with the OEM bulb on it. That line goes to the Fuel Pump on the bottom of the engine. From there it goes to the carb. It then fills the carb with fuel and it over flows back to the gas tank through the ½ inch line. If the brass tube comes out of the carb or Fuel Pump use loc-tite to reattach it.

Hope this helps.

P1010010.JPG

[attachment 201734 P1010009.JPG]

P1010009.JPG

Here is another picture of the tank on the bike... carb... and the complete bike I had.

I hope these help to answer all your questions. Sorry I do not have any pictures of the bottom of the engine. Unfortunately I sold the two I had. I needed to reduce. LOL!

P1010003.JPG
P1010006.JPG
P1010005.JPG

Doug Hammond /

Sweet!!! Just what Ivwas looking for!

Thank you very much.

Doug

This warms my heart, just moped dudes helping moped dudes

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account