shops, tools, bikes and parts storage

the weather is getting great and ive been spring cleaning. curious who thinks they have a handle on their wrenching and storage setups! im currently struggling with having where i keep a lot of my bikes/parts/tools and where i ultimately end up wrenching. so dealing with that, anyhoo. looking for cool ideas and fun pics!

Re: shops, tools, bikes and parts storage

E3A4C9AC-6BD0-40F6-8976-7A61B1D21B7B.jpeg

This is where the majority of parts/projects live. Ill take some other photos of tools n such later.

Im hoping to streamline my organization this summer. From circlips to carb to motors and pipes and bikes!

Josiah Radebaugh /

Oh geez. I do almost all of my work at my friend's garage as I'm in an apartment and had no choice but to keep my stuff in a storage unit. It gets pretty messy and disorganized at times as it is now. Hopefully this week I'll spend the day cleaning. Pretty trash set up.... (edited)

Dirty30 Dillon /

Myself and 6 others rent a shop space in Brooklyn and it's fairly nice. We have about 20-25 bikes in there at any given time, with plenty of rooms for toolboxes and benches.

We're currently trying to focus on getting shelving setup to hold all the little bits that end up floating around

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

Use vertical space as much as possible

Eliminate any flat surface, they just accumulate garbage. Only use shelves, we like the flat rate USPS boxes and mail baskets for most things. Big stuff in crates and medium things in 5 gallon tartar sauce buckets. I hate stackable plastic rubermaids with a passion.

> Charles Cole (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Use vertical space as much as possible

^This 100%

Stackable tubs with clear and accurate labels on whats inside makes a world of difference

Not just being able to lay out tools in front of you but having an accurate inventory (no matter how small your collection) saves hours of aggravation

Yup..Yup...

I use to have stacks of 'stuff' . 17+ years of accumulations . It took a few months to get rid of it all , well , most of it anyway . Now what I have pretty much fits in a single tub and a few things in a bay . That's not including tools and the like . ;)

3109BC10-C20D-49A9-8D03-5909024786AD.jpeg

I found a bunch of mail totes. I keep projects on the back burner organized as well as I can. It’s tuff!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account