I have 1980 Garelli was running down street,all sudden just stopped now no spark

new points and cond installed

Re: I have 1980 Garelli was running down street,all sudden just stopped now no spark

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Not enough information. Please elaborate. (edited)

Re: I have 1980 Garelli was running down street,all sudden just stopped now no spark

Be specific . These guys are real good , but they are not magicians .

Check the wires going to the tail light for good connection

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Yes could easily be the Italian brake light running from the ignition coil instead of the lighting coil thing. Blown brake bulb plus shorted brake light switch =no spark. Who would think?

Dan (high idle) Conway /

bike warmed up and died? if so definitely check the condenser.

how did u check for spark?

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Did you try a different plug? Go for the low hanging fruit first. You said new points and new condenser. I have seen dirt or even iron flakes lodge in points once running and getting jostled. Plug caps have been known to fail randomly too. So many possibilities

Turn the fuel petcock on.

Seriously, the edge of the flywheel can cut the wiring harness that leads to the points plate.

Remove flywheel and look for cuts or wear on harness going to points plate.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account