fenders on dirtbike forks

William Johnson /

Lets see those pics of how you mounted fenders to your hydraulic disc brake set ups !!!

Re: fenders on dirtbike forks

Dirt or enduro bike : Always high ; under the tree . So there's less chance of it getting ripped off by brush and still keeping some crap out of your face .

William Johnson /

yeah not referring to stock fenders on dirtbikes/enduros. Looking for those that put forks on their mopeds and wanted to keep a fender that is not right under the triple tree.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> William Johnson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> yeah not referring to stock fenders on dirtbikes/enduros. Looking for

> those that put forks on their mopeds and wanted to keep a fender that is

> not right under the triple tree.

Aren't too many dirtbike forks to swap on that have provisions for the lower fender mount on the lower leg.

The pitbike forks I picked up have bosses for shields on the tubes that'd be a good spot to mount a front fender.

A couple of screw clamps , a brace and a fender can be mounted on most any fork lowers , provided there's enough tire clearance .

Obviously , the upper fork tubes should be left clean and clear with gators being about the only exception .

Stock sebring forks have the option for a high fender. We actually had a couple original high fenders for them from the Handy Bikes stash. Those forks came on other models though.

I did a high fender on General forks that I swapped on my qt50. Just made a small bracket that I bolted to the bottom triple.

5f6283a07664074309a31b351c81ab30.jpg

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /
IMG_20190611_223038.jpg

I think it looks pretty good

I usually run a dirt bike fender.

seriously, yea I go the otherway - mounting high fenders on non-dirtbike forks, looks gnarly. that or no fender at all...

I used to have an old LT2, it was like early DT100 but had the fender tight on the wheel and I always did appreciate that look though vs the DT that had it under the triple:

Couple ways you could probably do it:

1) find forks with the mounts for a low fender. I can't think of any (well the LT2) but I'm certain others exist. Also, most disk forks like KX80 have a little tab on the brake side for ziptying the cable to the fork, but you could use that as a support on one side at least.

2) if you found some fenders that bolt to the axle, that could work but it's not super reliable cuz they can rotate around. You can also make a plate metal extender strip that'd bolt to the axle and extend up to the mounts that would have mounted to the forks

or even use a pair of set of the fender mounts like these from treats and drill + bolt em on whatever fender: https://www.treatland.tv/puch-maxi-fender-bracket-p/puch-maxi-fender-bracket.htm

3) plastic strap-on fender. this might work but only if you've got enough clearance to mount on the fork lowers, you don't wanna strap it to the tubes. I've never used em on dirtbike forks but I've used em on other forks and theyre cool. Then again the hobbit forks inverted makes it easy to mount to something rigid where it's not gonna get knocked off with fork travel.

https://www.treatland.tv/white-plastic-GP-fender-p/white-plastic-fender.htm

You could probably use one of these split shaft collars the dia of the fork tube and weld or bolt the fender mounts to it.

DE758C5A-5200-4017-8D50-D78E9783772B.png
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account