Moped shipping?

William Reynolds /

Living out in NM there are not any mopeds locally. Is there any shipping service anyone has used or would recommend for shipping mopeds or small bikes?

Re: Moped shipping?

Uship.com

William Reynolds /

Is there something closer to guaranteed shipping company?

if u got enough cash u can find anyone to ship anything from anywhere

unless its some museum piece you bought from Sothebys, uship is fine

Semmm Stivenson /

Also have the same question, i need shipping company near SC, but first of i want to know how to calculate price for shipping 3 mopeds from SC to Fl, i found this photo but there old info and not about SC, if know how to do it i'll be really thankful

Christian Parks /

I have used uship to ship two mopeds from Detroit Moped Works to south Florida. It was easy. I paid $350 for covered transportation each time.

What type of moped are you looking for? I’ll have some bikes for sale in Denver area soon and I’ll deliver for an extra fee. I travel down to SF and Albuquerque every once in a while

Jeremy Homser /

I had good luck with grayhound but the bike has disassembled into three boxes. It was about $200 to ship my magnum that way

Have you checked with anyone in Santa Fe?

Mike McScoutington /

I used to ship via FedEx when I worked there. I would pull the motor, bars, and wheels and throw it in 2 boxes. The motor would go in its own box and I would dumpster dive a bike box for the rest of the pieces. At that point dimensions are a bigger cost driver than weight so anything you can do the shrink the size of the bike box is a significant help.

I recently received a disassembled murray in a bicycle box delivered to my porch via fedex, with a second box that had the motor stuff and a heap of other spare parts and garbage. Including packaging it cost just under 200 bucks from AZ to OH.

I also recently got a pallet of nearly complete mopeds shipped to the local shipping depot for just under $200 from GA to OH. but requiring the pallet and packing.

Probably Fred /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I recently received a disassembled murray in a bicycle box delivered to

> my porch via fedex, with a second box that had the motor stuff and a

> heap of other spare parts and garbage. Including packaging it cost just

> under 200 bucks from AZ to OH.

>

> I also recently got a pallet of nearly complete mopeds shipped to the

> local shipping depot for just under $200 from GA to OH. but requiring

> the pallet and packing.

Yeah that’s the best option^ I ran a carpet warehouse for a little while and I found if you palletized using a common carrier it was pretty cheap terminal to terminal or your work warehouse to terminal, all you got to do is go to the terminal with a pick up truck and they will put it right in or you could unpack it there there but if they didn’t pack it right it could get damaged,

Semmm Stivenson /

Thanks, i'll do it this way, maybe ask my fried with pickup to help me, and thanks everybody for your advises

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account