Puch Maxi vs Maxi S

Looking to buy my first moped and locally I’ve seen a couple of Puch’s for sale - mostly standard Maxi’s without rear suspension.

Just wondering... how much of a difference is it having rear suspension? Is it worth holding out for a Maxi S?

Also random side question... do most mopeds have ignition keys?

Thanks

Re: Puch Maxi vs Maxi S

If you need rear suspension depends on if you're fat and how much you value comfort.

As far as i know most mopeds didn't come with ignition keys but i varies from brand to brand and model. After 40 years most people have lost them usually anyway.

Probably Fred /

S or a maxi N both have thin rims with 2in tires

A Maxi N was the entry-level bike not only did it have thin narrow rims it had no rear suspension and no speedometer it’s a tiny lightweight little bike if that’s what you’re looking for and that’s fine but I don’t like either one but over there you don’t much choice I believe, I prefer a maxiluxe, maxi sport, maxi sport MKII, sport LX, or any Newport one or 2 speed

But given a chance over a maxi N rigid Get a S and put mag wheels or wide spoke rims on it on it at least it has a speedo and rear suspension

Just go to Myrons and the model differences are explained. its all there.

Thanks for the replies, think I’ll go for a Maxi S.

There isn’t so much choice on eBay at the moment, but I think I’d prefer a single speed for how simple they are mechanically.

Also want a 70’s model, as in England it’s tax and MOT (yearly required safety check) exempt. Plus I can run a black metal numberplate with silver writing instead of the modern yellow plastic ones!

pretty obvious, some one with a business mind should export maxis to the uk.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> pretty obvious, some one with a business mind should export maxis to the

> uk.

Importing rigid maxis from the UK to the Netherlands has crossed my mind quite frequently, that would be the real moneymaker.

A good N frame can fetch upwards to a 1000€ nowadays and with a pretty much worthless pound things are getting quite interesting.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account