Dellorto SHA choke conversion

Does anyone know if a 15.15 cable choke dellorto SHA could be converted to lever choke just by changing out the top with this?

https://www.treatland.tv/dellorto-SHA-COMPLETE-carburetor-top-p/dellorto-sha-top-1366200-53.htm

Re: Dellorto SHA choke conversion

Jimmy Cincinnati /

You will need to get a slot out for the choke lever to slide through, plus you will want to plug up where the old cable adjuster threaded in. It can be done, but just see if someone will trade you cable choke for hand choke.

Jason White /

Sounds good, thanks!

Yeah I've done it. The carb should have casting marks roughly where you have to cut it. Then plug the top with a bolt. Jimmy is right, its better to trade out. That said, sometimes you want to do it right now instead of waiting and its fun to hack up stuff.

i probably got a 14 12 lever choke id trade.

Jason White /

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i probably got a 14 12 lever choke id trade.

Thank you Pat, but I plan to stick to 15.15... Might just leave as is, we'll see

you would benefit from a donor carb, 14:12 or otherwise. so you can have the lever. i just did the opposite so i could use an oil injection 15:15 lever choke sha on my cable choke for a vespino. that top you linked to is all for locking the choke till you pull the throttle. you will need to ,yes, plug the top hole, and cut an opening for the lever on the left, and have the proper lever choke, and a top like you mentioned. i actually have the stuff to do it and need to convert a lever choke carb over to cable! maybe we can trade parts. dm me if ya interested

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account