Thoughts on Opti-2

What are your experiences/thoughts regarding use of opti-2 premix for your mopeds? Claims to be good for any ratio requirements

Re: Thoughts on Opti-2

I used to run opti-2 at 100:1 in everything. Modified motorized bikes, mopeds, and my 1957 Moto beta with a 3speed 50cc morini.

Worked great, no smoke, no smell, no carbon build up.

BUT... It sucked for racing. Seized many pistons. Never had a problem with street bikes, but constant hi rpms on the track, it didn't lube properly.

Switched to Klotz Benol at 20:1.

Jason White /

Would you say if you’re running moderate builds like... 70cc kit, 15.15 sha, performance pipe with no other real modifications... that you would be comfortable sticking with the opti-2 premix packet. All the benefits you listed, plus I have bikes asking for largely different ratios and I like the convenience of one premix gas tank

Yeah, I'd run it.

I started using it in heavily modified motorized bike engines, no slow break-in periods, just built 'em and ran it. Those china engines are about the shittiest quality there is, and opti-2 kept them going long after they shoulda blown up.

And if I didn't trust it, I definitely wouldn't have run it in my vintage morini motor.

But like I said, racing was a different story. Running 10 laps at 100:1, Max rpms, with a chrome lined cylinder blew a few pistons.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Works good, if it were still available local to me I would buy it.

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> But like I said, racing was a different story. Running 10 laps at 100:1,

> Max rpms, with a chrome lined cylinder blew a few pistons.

Could the problem have been running 100:1 in a race bike? I'd rather use more oil than half the recommended ratio in a race bike.

It was designed to run at 100:1. After using it on the street with no problems, I figured it'd work on the track.

But again, I used it in modified Chinese bike engines, with about 8hp (stock is 2.5,) and those engines have horrible tolerances, unlike Italian built moped motors.

I gave up on those crappy motors and built a bike around a minarelli V1, and switched to Klotz, because it works, and I like the smell.

If/when I build a street bike/moped, I'd use opti-2 again.

Another good thing about opti is there's no oily mess leaking out everywhere.

Here's the bike I was blowing up

speedster 004.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account