Rear brake plate

derek cuellar /

I recently destroyed my rear brake plate for my General 5 star. I'm looking to replace this plate but can't find anything online that looks exactly like it. The brake shoes are 80mm x 18mm, so I'm thinking I need an 80mm plate?

I'm also worried about the connector from the plate to the bike not fitting correctly if I do go with a different plate .

*Broken Rear plate attached*

IMG_20190525_212057.jpg

Re: Rear brake plate

Post in the buy/sell forum titled WTB .

Jaxon Andrews /

I cant tell how broken it is bc idk what it originally looked like, but it seems like a clean break. You could probably just clean it up and remove the grey paint and tig it

Maybe I missed something , but , what makes you think it's broken ?

Post a picture of what is broken... Are your referring to both parts in ur hand? Aren't they supposed to come apart?? The notched bar should index with the swingarm and the brake plate methinks.

Anyway, believe that it should be interchangable with grysner and Clinton plates...same manufacturer

Blake Totally a real doctor /

I have a ton of new old stock general parts but I have to sort them in storage. I dont see anything broken on yours though. Its a 2 piece brake plate. That spacer is normal.

derek cuellar /

Sorry about the confusion. The pin on the inside of the plate that holds the Brake Shoes together is broken so I need a new brake plate.

IMG_20190526_123101.jpg

derek cuellar /

Let me know if you have an extra plate.

I would get a new set of wheels 5 star brakes suck so hard.

You could simply repair your current plate .

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I would get a new set of wheels 5 star brakes suck so hard.

This.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account