Looking at a 1982 Honda Nu-50 express... Fair price?

What would be a fair price to pay for a really nice condition 1982 Honda Nu-50 express? About to go check one out but not looking to really overpay. He's asking 800, I know I can get it for $550 but even at that not sure if that's fair or overblown?

61166139_10216691630261319_1266439719328153600_n.jpg

Re: Looking at a 1982 Honda Nu-50 express... Fair price?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

$550 sounds very reasonable if its clean, running, and titled. The pics look good but make sure its as nice in person. That one even has the rare battery box cover/

Captain Janeway /

See how it runs. If it's titled and you can get it at $550 I'd do it too.

I paid 750 for one in similar shape. I think I overpaid but I'd do it again in a second. If it runs well I wouldn't hesitate for 500-600.

Joel Decker /

Sadly no title, which is the case for most around here due to not needing one for years. Idk what the process of getting one would entail. Sad they need one around here now though. Going to look at it shortly.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Sadly no title, which is the case for most around here due to not needing one for years. Idk what the process of getting one would entail. Sad they need one around here now though. Going to look at it shortly.

That would be a title bike here in Ohio. Indiana is actually pretty easy to get a title for these smaller bikes, my buddy in Batesville has done a few for me. I would suggest you find out the process. But, the fact that you must go through the title process should weigh on the sale. Tell him without a title you can only offer $400... plus you might consider doing some sort of search on the Vin # to ensure it is not stolen.

For $400 it better run good, all lights function, etc... $800 was nuts missing a title.

Joel Decker /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Sadly no title, which is the case for most around here due to not

> needing one for years. Idk what the process of getting one would entail.

> Sad they need one around here now though. Going to look at it shortly.

>

> That would be a title bike here in Ohio. Indiana is actually pretty easy

> to get a title for these smaller bikes, my buddy in Batesville has done

> a few for me. I would suggest you find out the process. But, the fact

> that you must go through the title process should weigh on the sale.

> Tell him without a title you can only offer $400... plus you might

> consider doing some sort of search on the Vin # to ensure it is not

> stolen.

>

> For $400 it better run good, all lights function, etc... $800 was nuts

> missing a title.

Yeah I'm thinking closser to 400 myself but I don't think he will go that. It may be doable at 500 though. He lives maybe 2 blocks from me so I'll just have to walk on over and check it out if we come to an agreement.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

A minty red Nu50 urban Express is one of my dream bikes. Good luck!

Captain Janeway /

I don't know about IN, but in CA titling a bike like that is an utter freaking nightmare. Had to do it on two and it took months and a lot of playing for mine.

A lot people try the Vermont registration for mopeds (though I think I saw a thread lately about people having problems with it).

https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Vermont_registration. Personally I don't take the chance.

Unfortunately, a lot of states basically see them as motorcycles and you'll have to make sure they're titled, registered and insured. Again, I don't know about IN. Check your DMV site. I doubt bill of sale will do it. It sure won't here.

The title's worth a lot depending on what you're going to have to do to get one.

Good luck

> Captain Janeway Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A lot people try the Vermont registration for mopeds (though I think I

> saw a thread lately about people having problems with it).

>

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Vermont_registration. Personally I don't

> take the chance.

>

There's no chance to be taken . Thousands have gone the Vermont route with success . Not only on this site but also on a couple other sites I frequent .

And , the supposed problems you think you read were simply misunderstandings of how long the process takes .

Simply follow instructions . Something some seem to lack the ability to do .

Captain Janeway /

>

> There's no chance to be taken . Thousands have gone the Vermont route

> with success . Not only on this site but also on a couple other sites I

> frequent .

>

> And , the supposed problems you think you read were simply

> misunderstandings of how long the process takes .

>

> Simply follow instructions . Something some seem to lack the ability to

> do .

With my luck I'd get pulled over. Glad it works for you. I'm gutless that way lol

Joel Decker /

Went to look at it and wasn't as mint as it looked in the pics. Headlight was hanging off and repainted, scratches all over not all heavy scratches but regardless. He wouldn't come off the 550 either.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Yeah...pictures ALWAYS do it justice, whatever you're buying. Although, when it's really way worse than in the picture, to a degree where the seller is intentionally or negligently deceiving a buyer, it pisses me off.....

I drove 2 hrs to buy a champ that looked beautiful in the pictures...but upon getting there I realized the tires were spray painted black to look better...and so were all the plastics. I wasnt about to leave home on a 4hr round trip empty handed, so I was extra pissed as I felt forced to buy it.

I just met a guy to do a trade and the ped he showed me on the pics was about an 8 while in person it was more like a 3. Sucks cause I wasn't about to do that deal.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account