Tomos & puch magnum

Jaxon Andrews /

I know you can mount an a35 on a puch magnum frame, but can I use my other tomos parts on the magnum like the shocks, forks, wheels, etc? I dont like how chunky the st is, and I want something sleeker with bar frame. Would I have a better shot just using all my parts on a revival frame. I'm going for a cafe kind of look, but I dont want to the super low handlebars.

20190414_210533.jpg

Re: Tomos & puch magnum

When thinkin about swappin Shocks, Forks, etc. Consider the weight difference between the 2 machines. People put Tomos Mags on almost everything.

You didn't post a picture in the Magnum so it's hard to say what you should or shouldn't add to it. GL

Jaxon Andrews /

I haven't bought a magnum frame yet. I'm still in high school and I put most of my money in savings so I'm on a pretty restricted budget. I figure if the magnum frame works out than I can sell a few of my extra parts for cheap. I'm pretty sure that the magnum frame would weigh less since it's tube frame and the tomos st is a boxy frame. I'll have to check the specs for sure though. Thanks for the advice, I'm fairly new at this and wouldn't have thought to check the weights.

Dirty30 Dillon /

You cannot bolt an A35 to a magnum frame. You will need to fab/weld the A35 mounts on the magnum frame

Just ride the tomos around! You don’t need some stupid top tank moped. Your in high school so I assume your probably looking for pussy. Girls dig the really rusty bikes!

My magnum has tomos A55 sprint forks and mags. You have an A35. Nothing on that chassis is better than what's on a magnum.

Magnum forks are better than most. A3/35 forks aren't nearly as good as A55

Tomos shocks are too short.

Tomos stamped frame forks are shorter too, but they work, maybe not with a tomos engine though.

The Frame,tank, seat, throttle, front brake control, and plastics are the only original parts left on my magnum. (edited)

Way easier to just use a Tomos top tank frame and swap parts

You don't like the magnum's seat?!?! sell your magnum and get a maxi to butcher instead. My magnum was a moped-in-a-box when I bought it.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Your in highschool and probably have alot going on. I hope you reconsider and just fix the tomos for now. You will apprecaite riding that tomos alot more than a none-running magnum project sitting in the corner.

Also, magnum stuff typically is better than tomos parts in build quality... tomos forks suck (unless you getting a later model year hydro set), tomos rear shocks are garbage (ive personally had them fail on me), and anything you do for swapping will require fabrication (cutting, welding, etc...)

My advice, enjoy what you have. I rode a 1994 Tomos step thru (white) when i was 14 and had a blast. It didnt matter what bike it was, it was just fun.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Also, magnum stuff typically is better than tomos parts in build

> quality... tomos forks suck (unless you getting a later model year hydro

> set), tomos rear shocks are garbage (ive personally had them fail on

> me), and anything you do for swapping will require fabrication (cutting,

> welding, etc...)

Don't forget the crappy frames.

To Change Up The Look.

4a786de3efbd01b3deb0874daaf3c3f0.jpg

Josiah Radebaugh /

I wanna her that

Jaxon Andrews /

You're right. This is my first bike too so I probably should just get the few parts I need and worry about another bike when I know more about what I'm what I'm doing, thanks for the advice man

Jaxon Andrews /

Looks pretty damn sick!

Jaxon Andrews /

The girls are just a plus side x[) . I originally got it because my parents wont teach me how to drive and I want to work more buy I'm sick of paying them to drive me around but still complain +they charge me more than uber would. I got the bike two months ago and just saved up enough of my spending money for parts. I've since fallen in love with the bike but I got the cafe fever, like I'm sure ever other person had when they got their first 30 or so year old bike. I'll keep her as is except for some paint and slap a kit on 'er. Then I'll have chicks for days x[)

heed the advise of others. leave it stock and learn first. that's a great bike to start on but there is a steep learning curve at first. jumping straight into modding is not recommended.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Im all for fixing while you ride. Get it road worthy first, than slowly start adding too it. Start simple and work your way forward. The more you mod the less reliable these bikes tend to get, so figure out what your comfortable doing and keep in mind that mopeds require some tinkering with periodically. Be prepared with electrical tape, zip ties, spare plugs, misc tools, and etc for the side of the road.

I have some tomos parts, if you need something Ill check around to see if i have it.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Moped=Pussy Magnet? Wow, the US is quite different to Swizzerland… I mean, arund here a lot of Girls even had Mopeds, there were about 15-20 Guys with Mopeds at my (fairly) small school, and let me cout how many Girls had some:

-1 with a Pony GTX 503 and a Monster Energy/Carbon Paint/Wrapjob

-1 With a Red Pony GTX 503

-2 With Blue Pony GTX 521

-1 with a Red Hercules 623 Luxe

-1 with a Black Supermaxi LG1, Chopped/Welded rear Fender, Frame Cleaned with filler

-1 with a Light Blue/Silver Metallic Supermaxi LG2

-1 with some kind of Tomos

That would be 8 in total and i probably forgot some.

Dirty30 Dillon /

You should focus on your studies, you heathens.

Jaxon Andrews /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> Im all for fixing while you ride. Get it road worthy first, than slowly

> start adding too it. Start simple and work your way forward. The more

> you mod the less reliable these bikes tend to get, so figure out what

> your comfortable doing and keep in mind that mopeds require some

> tinkering with periodically. Be prepared with electrical tape, zip ties,

> spare plugs, misc tools, and etc for the side of the road.

>

> I have some tomos parts, if you need something Ill check around to see

> if i have it.

Yeah, I might follow you back up on those parts. The guy I was supposed to be buyin' from stopped replying once I gave him my final list. I got most of the tools I need except I need to pick up a flywheel puller and a few extra bulbs, sparkplug, ect.

Jaxon Andrews /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> You should focus on your studies, you heathens.

I really should be, shouldn't I X[) . Well, with a month left of school there isn't much to study, and I'm exempt from all my exams, some teachers are still handing off homework though.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account