Minarelli polini 80cc cylinder kit

I have a 1973 Holiday Rambler Gadabout that had the rings go bad from old age recently. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this cylinder kit posted in the title. I am fine with just changing out the rings on my current stock set up but if I can step it up a bit and make it easier on myself to just use this Cylinder kit it would be awesome. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Minarelli polini 80cc cylinder kit

It's a good kit. Get the 60's range of jets to rejet you stock carb and you can use your stock pipe. Would be a torque monster especially if you're cool with just replacing the rings in the stock set up.

Luigi Garzone /

Polini 80cc for the V1 is one of the easiest kits out there to work with, even if you plan on keeping your original carb (which i'm assuming is a dellorto SHA) just make sure you buy new jets as stated above. Buy an expansion chamber exhaust if you wan't added fun.

What shape is the bottom end in? Are your bearings, seals and gaskets reasonably new? I'm having a bunch of V1'S rebuilt and my mechanic strongly urges me not to kit any engines unless they have a roller bearing crank.

minarell v1 engineering wasn't made for 80cc without..$$$$....do yourself a favor. get a set of rings, if in fact that is what you need....to "step it up" safely. mild up grades exhaust, carb, intake, jetting..keep in mind everything wears, mild up grades enhance the wear process..the money you will spend on mild upgrades, and the disappointment of performance from said up grade=the purchase price of another moped...its your call....just putting a kit on something only werks when you know what you're doing.....my 2 cents

Make sure you remove the o.g. head gasket.

Parts are cheap. V1s last forever. Buy the kit. Chamfer the ports. Bolt it on. Go fast.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account