Jawa Ultrasport build-o-roni

Hey y'all, figured I'd post some pics and info about my Jawa 210 Ultrasport project, found it a year and a half ago out east and finally got it out west thanks to my homie. It was in pretty dang nice shape when I got it, luckily it was pretty well taken care of. Unfortunately the seals were toast and leaking a shitload, but either was I was happy to crack the bottom end open anyway to see what was in there and to do new seals/bearings. My goal was to race Moped GP this year in stock class, but didn't have enough time to finish it, but nonetheless I'm just stoked to work on one of these and hope people out there will get excited about Jawas and bring em back to life! Here's a few pictures before doing any engine work:

IMG_20190401_182327.jpg
IMG_20190401_182333.jpg
IMG_20190401_182257.jpg

Re: Jawa Ultrasport build-o-roni

Ohh my....are Jawa kits available?

Hate to say it but to me this thing screams engine swap...

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

Nice but too fancy for me. It's even the 2 speed which makes it better. Those two speeds are fun.

I picked up one last year but the previous owner hacked on a 4 stoke motor so I’m probably going to put a hobbit or derbi on it now

you could always put a jawa motor on it.

everyone so scared to work on a jawa cuz you can't go buy a kit for it. doesn't that make it kinda more fun?

Please don't hack that up for another motor

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

I'm getting 35MPH out of a mostly stock 210 Sport. Jawas should have Jawa engines.(edited)

kevin smellaflange /

what kind of a 4 stroke motor did they shove in it?

ah man this is rad, i saw one of these once, rare as hell and full of all sortsa wackadoo jawa speed secrets. this is one bike legit worth restoring.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ah man this is rad, i saw one of these once, rare as hell and full of

> all sortsa wackadoo jawa speed secrets. this is one bike legit worth

> restoring.

Ya I saw one of these years back in Northern Virginia, only one I've ever encountered.

90547C70-626D-4E12-919E-4A01AAB51239.jpeg

The whole motor cradle is totally gone so not gunna be too easy to put a jawa motor back on it, not sure what motor wa on it took it off and sold it right away(edited)

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

> MPB Dylan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> >

> The whole motor cradle is totally gone so not gunna be too easy to put a

> jawa motor back on it, not sure what motor wa on it took it off and sold

> it right away

Find another 210 frame with engine and marry the two together. A neglected 2 speed step through would be a good donor.

To those of you saying Jawas should have Jawa motors, that's my plan! Keeping the stock cylinder on this until doing more research on what might be able to fit on it, with their strange stroke/14mm wrist pin size it's a little difficult to find swappable cylinders. Until then, this guy is just getting an exhaust opening, CDI ignition to replace the bad reputation of the thyristor, pipe, carb, and clutch tuning.

Here are the cases split in case any of you want to see the guts, very simple motor, replaced all bearings and seals. This is the 210 2-speed, with starter clutch shoes, first gear clutch with 3 springs, and the strange second gear clutch.

IMG_20190401_191725.jpg
IMG_20190408_193451.jpg
IMG_20190408_184140.jpg

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

Thyristors are fine. they only need to be replaced every 30 years or so. Make sure you have a good "O" ring under the funny washer on the two-speed clutch too. Looks good!

Old crusty ignition next to the new Vape CDI:

IMG_20190516_213345.jpg

I bet you can find the overbore pistons, TrickMetrick used the largest size piston which I think was about 60cc's

Yeah there are 42mm pistons available, some day!

Cristian Luna /

So excited for this !

I think tyler A from the 'rollers wASA TRYING TO FIND SOME SWAPS oops, capslock - you can take the pin down to a standard 10 or 12 with bushings and bearings. I only ever played with porting and carb/pipe stuff but it was fun. I also made a manual timing adjuster, with a old huffy "positron" bicycle shifter, theyre not super common but not really rare either old cheap prototype shifter that used a push/pull cable. so that was hooked up to the stator, which bc jawa is internal rotor is outside the spinning mag, and then that was sorta loosely in where you could just move the stator with the little thumb shift. all it actually did wasmake it run like shit though - like you'd have good timing and you could make it bad. it didn't really work as an intentional tunable retard or anything. mostly just a funny idea. 4 stroking or backfiring on demand! yay!

Did you take any photos of the cylinder before it went back together? It was cool looking for sure! i wonder if its the same on other jawas

I thought I got a couple pics of the transfers and such but no I guess I don't have any pics of the cylinder, oooooops

Vlado vlado /
IMG_0139.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG
IMG_0137.JPG

you can buy this from me- it was originally Ultrasport, but so beat up, I decided to make it into "low rider", it is now quite fast Jawa

lots of mods, cut the rear of frame, but it might be a great donor for your project...

derek from black pipes moped gang /

this is rad! Can’t wait to see this thing ripping!

Having fun with it, Tomos intake cut and rewelded to fit, 15phbg, Metrakit MK-3 pipe with just a little hole filing and bracket relocation, and the Vape CDI ignition. It sounds great and is running pretty dang good so far, still tuning to do soon, but here she is so far:

IMG_20190523_225621.jpg
IMG_20190523_225650.jpg
IMG_20190523_225704.jpg

Update after a while, bike is currently doing 40 and running strong, hoping to hit 45 on stock cylinder after doing some surgery on the pipe. (To all those fiending Jawa owners, you know who you are...)

IMG_20190828_235306_277.jpg

Overpriced Parts /

Wow great work !

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

Excellent! What kind of advantage does the new CDI provide? Having good luck with my original ignitions.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Did you cut out all the extra header inside that MK3 pipe?