Travel Limiter on '87 Honda NB50 Aero

mopedmaniaclt /

We discovered our '87 Honda NB50 Aero has the same travel limiter as the Honda Elite. Removing the limiter on the NB50 has definately increased the speed (5 to 10 mph). If the speedometer worked we would know how much speed we gained! We got the idea from ScooterTherapy's page at:

http://www.scootertherapy.com/Eliteclutchpage.html

We also removed the muffler from an '01 Honda Elite SR only to find there is no washer in the head pipe as described on ScooterTherapy's page. We removed the muffler from the '87 NB50 and didn't find the washer either. The page describes a washer in the head pipe which we didn't find in our two peds

Re: Travel Limiter on '87 Honda NB50 Aero

david f martin /

My '87 Elite didn't have that washer, either. I removed the travel restrictor from mine, too, but only noticed 3-5 mph difference, but that was with the old worn out belt that blew up a couple of weeks later. The new belt made the biggest difference in top speed.

BTW, our bikes share the same drivetrain, so I'll be watching your posts with particular interest. vtcycles.com has performance parts, but they don't list them for the older bikes on their webpage. E-mail Steve there to find out what they've got.

david

Malossi makes a 65cc bore kit, 8 to 1 gears and other stuff, i got mine going 55-60mph then sold it, i now have an elite-s engine in my aero stroked to 85cc. Check your speedo cable at both ends also check the drive gear inside the front hub its plastic and maybe worn, i have an extra speedo for sale if you one.

IsLookingUp /

The inner cable is broken and a new one should be here by Wednesday. Thanks for the info.

Hey guys, I have a 84 aero nh125, I need a piston and cyl, and clutch, any help out there? Doug d.

Hey doug can't help ya on your nh-125 sounds like a 4-stroker, david f martin remember to take the lens off the speedo & cut the pin off that stops the needle from going only 35mph.

Hey, Doug. I just bought an 84 Aero 125 myself last week.

If you don't mind the cost of new, your Honda dealer might be able to get you the parts. I was really suprised they were able to get the shop manual for me. It cost 29.00, but I know it will really come in handy. Let me know how you come out on this, there out many of these out there. P.S. to Andy: This model is a two stroke oil injected.

lt your moms weird!!!! lol

Hey Greg, the cylender is $330. and piston $77 didnt ask about the clutch, I figured the cyl would be about $125, piston price is high but with-in range.... Gonna look for good use parts, if not, part it out, I bought a Genuine Honda Shop Manuel for $15 I think, on ebay...Thanks Doug PS> can you still get reasonable parts for a Yamaha 80 scooter?

Wow, those are really high prices, hopefully with a little patience you might find something on ebay. I don't know about the Yamaha; you have one of those too?

Travel Limiter on '87 Honda NB50 Aero

I dug this up out of the old postings and I myslef just got an '86 Aero. It goes about 43 as it is but it would be cool to get it faster. Is this going to hurt the bike at all? Is it a hard thing to do on your own?

No not very hard at all

I will try to find the website we used.

Andrew Dachnij /

Hey Mat Gibson, do they call ya "boy" thats what i call them over here LOL

What are you talkin about?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account