QT50 Will Not Start

Hey all. QT50 Won't start. Itll start on starting fluid but will only run for about 5 seconds before dying which leads me to believe it is a fuel issue. Carb is recently cleaned so I do not think it is a carb issue but I could be wrong. Also brand new premix that I put together last night so I know its not bad gas. Any suggestions? We have tweaked the screws every which way and can get it to a spot where It runs strong for about 10 seconds after starting with starting fluid but will still die.

Re: QT50 Will Not Start

Check fuel flow .

Undo the bowl drain screw at the bottom of the carb . Should be a decent flow coming out . If not check up line . If all that is flowing , you may have a stuck float valve .

Try whacking the bowl with the handle of a nice size screwdriver and do with some authority .

Sounds like a case of dirty cock.

Check the petcock filter for debris and report back.

Jack Rutherford /

You may have to clean the carb again. Take a thin wire and clear the pilot jet. With the slide out of the carb, you should be able to hold it up to a light and see a small dot of light through the pilot jet. Set your air/fuel mixture screw to 1 1/2 turns out. Start and send it.

Just cleaned out my entire tank yesterday actually due to it being pretty rusty. Wouldn't start before so we thought the same thing and cleaned out everything. Sadly not the issue. :(

Flow is great out to the carb drain. No issues with fuel going into the system just do not know if it flows after it gets to carb. Someone suggested spraying starting fluid inbetween the gaskets to see if there was an air leak and I am going to try that tomorrow.

Tried that and have tried it again. Nothing. Can see light throughout hole.

Maybe try changing the snap ring in throttle slider to one notch lower therefore raising the needle to allow a little more gas thru main jet. Also make sure your choke slider is working properly.

Wonder if it’s got a ring issue

William Johnson /

check compression. If that is good, is the bike being ran with a battery? If not, charge coil is probably fried, will display same symptoms.

What is the proper compression for the bike? Thanks!

Gently test the torque of the head bolts with a wrench to see if they can snug up. Also check the intake to see if the intake may also have a leak w a large screw driver.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account