Marc Andre de Seve /

Finally started putting time into this yellow moped

Resizer_15576115129130.jpg

Re: Yellow motobecane

Marc Andre de Seve /

Removing the forks

Resizer_15576116167970.jpg

Nice machine, Euro model. Looks like someone put some "Le Moped" parts on there, wheels and rear fender?

Marc Andre de Seve /

Made a stupid spreading tool cuz. I messed up my steering wheel puller trying to get the damn forks off... Don't even try and pry em off just go to your local hardware store for less then 10 bucks... Cost me a steering wheel puller

Resizer_15576118547930.jpg

Marc Andre de Seve /

Yeah getting rid of the fenders and front suspension... Just trying to have a bit of fun with it

Marc Andre de Seve /

Friggin pain in the ass

Resizer_15576122247030.jpg

Marc Andre de Seve /

Had to chop the pipe a bit to fit the bracket of the bike... Frenchie bikes never come out the way one plans in the head twice the time for everything

Resizer_15576123137071.jpg
Resizer_15576123137072.jpg

Marc Andre de Seve /

Anyone have a trick to make the brakes work on these ebr front shocks... They have two tabs that seem like they may get in the way... Or do folks just do a total break delete job

You really kind of need a front brake....never seen EBR in person, but the tabs may be to mount a disc brake? Save your old bars for when your back aches from the current ones... ;)

Marc Andre de Seve /

Yeah maybe I need to make some kind of custom made bar or something... Gonna let my brain work on it for a bit... Have to put new cables everywhere and tackle the decomp wire... Figure out how that works..

Marc Andre de Seve /

Yeah it's just for screwing around with if I want to have the daily comfy drive the sp94 is the bomb... Seat is like riding a cloud.. Meant for my arse

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

What tool did you use to get the 8 sided nut off the bottom of the fork tube?

Marc Andre de Seve /

I used a impact socket.... Can't remember the size... I will go in my garage and let you know the size Tom can't Remeber if it was a 36or 32 mm

It's a 36mm for the steerer tube under the fork lower plate. Once you get the front brake situation straightened out, you'll need a brace to make sure the front fork legs don't compress independently of each other in hard corners (the vertical fender-mount does that in stock form).

Marc Andre de Seve /

Stupid brake hub to small have to grind it down to fit

Resizer_15583747191491.jpg

Marc Andre de Seve /

Makes the shock on one size higher which make the wheel rub... Have to grind either the fork brake tabs or open up the brake plate... Which is better... I'm going with brake plate

Resizer_15583747191493.jpg

> Marc Andre de Seve Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Stupid brake hub to small have to grind it down to fit

Is the weld on the tab what's interfering?

Also, are those controls the ones on treatland? What are you going to do about the brake sensor switch?

Marc Andre de Seve /

I think it has a hole for the brake light switch incorporated in it... Yup the s off treats... They look ok but quality is far from the original... Yeah the two tabs Ar what are to big for the leleu puch brake slot

Marc Andre de Seve /

Yeah maybe it is the weld that crappy perhaps I can grind it a bit or file it down to see if it will let it sit further down... Good call

> Yeah maybe it is the weld that crappy perhaps I can grind it a bit or

> file it down to see if it will let it sit further down... Good call

Let me know how it goes.

Can you tell me for sure whether the hole on the controls will be able to reuse the old brake light switch?

Thanks!

Marc Andre de Seve /

Yup I will do sorry just been jumping back and forth through projects... Gotta stick to one only did a quick prime job on the 40

DSC_0272.JPG

> Yup I will do sorry just been jumping back and forth through projects...

> Gotta stick to one only did a quick prime job on the 40

Looks great! I'm a couple steps ahead of you on that :)

I got base and clear with forks now haha.

Let me know about the brake handles

It would seem to me, if you file/grind the brake slot on the front side only, it shouldn't weaken the slot much as the force is against the rear of the slot only when braking.

Marc Andre de Seve /

So there is a hole

.. However the brake light switch definitely won't fit in the hole... Maybe a custom mod will can make it fit but I dunno..

sorry, file the REAR side.

Marc Andre de Seve /

I actually got it to fit on of the welds was preventing the fork tab to fit in... Just messing with the bearings and axle to make it smoother...

Marc Andre de Seve /

Getting closer to putting down the base coat so I can add the metal flake

DSC_0277.JPG

Marc Andre de Seve /

Put the rims on an forks

DSC_0282.JPG

Marc Andre de Seve /

Piston is jammed in the engine... Gonna Pb blaster that to see if it finally un jams

DSC_0286.JPG

> Piston is jammed in the engine... Gonna Pb blaster that to see if it

> finally un jams

Hey hey slow down you’re gonna overtake my progress.

Looks good

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account