Re: Puch AD

Juleon Cotillon /

I like this, makes me want to clean mine up and give it a nice coat of paint. Looks good so far.

Started the bike for the first time Iam super hype. I had dremeled the stator before hand (thanks kenRoff) but i might have to go further, timing is at like 18-19 degrees fully retarded.

Funny thing, the horn acted like a speaker transmitting the engine revs. That shit was so loud i thought it was the pipe... I bypassed that sucker and threw it in my spare parts bin also blewout my headlight reving it on the stand.

The cheapo baffle from treats actually works pretty good.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

Sounds pretty moped. I think you're doing it right

I respect your ingenuity, shit, if it was me, I'd just part it out and scrap the rest.

That’s because you’re an idiot

Took The austro puch on its first real ride yesterday put in about 35 miles. top speed so far is 37 mph and gets there quick. first gear is short it puts you into the pipe right away. then second gear engages at 17-20mph depending on when you roll off the throttle. In second gear it falls out of the powerband for a couple seconds then kicks back in strong up to 35mph.

IMG_20200314_153531947_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200314_153558847_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200314_153655688_HDR.jpg

Final touches a fuel filter and air filter. This bike is officially done it's like 90% complete, it's missing the engine covers and the decals. ran into a dope tomos while on a supermarket run.

IMG_20200314_142124289_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200315_163210480.jpg

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That’s because you’re an idiot

Possibly.

Juleon Cotillon /

hell yea, whats next on the to do list? Decals?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

honestly, i like the look sans decals, with just the Puch decal on the subframe

Juleon Cotillon /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> honestly, i like the look sans decals, with just the Puch decal on the

> subframe

ive always liked the AD decals, i just wish mine had the original frame ones.

IMG_1196.JPG

Iam actually getting the decals made. Iam gonna get several made I'll send you one juleon and iam gonna send one to Dr George also.

@Juleon how are you geared on your AD? What top speeds are you getting out of that kit? That's bad ass how you painted the subframe I like the look you got going on.

Juleon Cotillon /

> Alex hernandez Wrote:

> Iam actually getting the decals made. Iam gonna get several made I'll

> send you one juleon and iam gonna send one to Dr George also.

>

> @Juleon how are you geared on your AD? What top speeds are you getting

> out of that kit? That's bad ass how you painted the subframe I like the

> look you got going on.

Sick and thanks, id greatly appreciate getting the decals! I swapped a normal e50 onto mine with a single pedal treat reed, 19 phbg, technigas pipe, and 13/39 gearing. I think thats stock AD gearing. Cant say for two speed though, might be different. I just finished this build and am in the tuning stages. Im aiming for 40-45 max speed with good low/mid for hills.

The AD subframe has this part on the ends above the rear gear that sits super close limiting you from throwing a bigger gear on there, unless you chop it off. I think the biggest you can maybe fit is a 41 but Its probably a real tight fit. Both sides on mine were cracked so i removed em.

This is rad. Between this and the motcompo build thread ma has had some good reading lately

todd amundson /

Reproduce the gas caps while you’re at it. Mines all crooked

27399A4F-4623-4B88-8B1F-3B6BE3CFF10E.jpeg

Hahaha. Good deal guys. Here's some footage of the bike in action.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

so rad! sounds a tad on the rich side, but i like it that way

Juleon Cotillon /

> Alex hernandez Wrote:

> Hahaha. Good deal guys. Here's some footage of the bike in

> action.

Hell yea, i dig the key in the dash. Mine doesnt have that phooey!

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Man, that's nice! Wish I had roads like that.

Can't complain about the streets here they keep them in good shape and our weather helps too.

@juleon, I added the keyed switch in the dash. Iam using it as a Killswitch since mine was missing one.

always loved ADs. Blake from Dos used to have one with a KS e50 swapped that was trashy/sick.

good job, that's dope.

Juleon Cotillon /

> Alex hernandez Wrote:

> Can't complain about the streets here they keep them in good shape and

> our weather helps too.

>

> @juleon, I added the keyed switch in the dash. Iam using it as a

> Killswitch since mine was missing one.

Wow good job, i couldnt even tell that was added. It looks very much like its suppose to go there. I wired the russian missile switch from treats on mine and couldnt be happier with it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account