Best Minarelli V1 Moped?

If you have never read any of my General Discussion posts, most of them relate to Motrons. I have 9 of them, 5 different colors with extra greens, yellow, and red. I also have a blue Bianchi Snark, a red/orange Intramotor-Gloria Blanco, and Gray/blue Safari 300MT, all of which sport the Minarelli V1.

I'm having engines rebuilt this year, and when said and done, they will all have 30 mph motors, 11:44 sprocket ratios, and 16x2.25 tires, but none will be kitted. Yet. Some have stub plain, bushing, or roller cranks.

So, other than personal preference, what STOCK features make these (and other Minarelli V1 bikes) better or more desirable than another? Which brands/models offered a smoother ride via better shocks or forks, more comfortable seats, handlebars, etc?

Re: Best Minarelli V1 Moped?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Hands down, the Motomarina Raven. (edited)

^word....TT General 5 stars are my families fave.....

IMG_1270.jpg

smiles for miles

Emil Kniemel /

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> >

> smiles for miles

This is so wholesome and cute.

Trent Anderson /

I remember discovering Akron Moped in the mid 80's, about 7 years after I got my first Motron. By then, I wasn't riding much any more. All they had were 5 Star Generals, and I sure liked the look of the top tank, more chrome, and the turn signals. Count yourself lucky that your family shares your hobby. Maybe I should look for a reward wife that likes mopeds?

My wife loves mopeds! Every day its nice out, she says, "Do you have a moped I can take to work today?", and of course I do. Sometimes I think she loves my hobby more than me!

That said, she prefers my ZA50 Maxi Luxe over this Minarelli powered Cimatti Town Bike I restored for her:

image.jpeg

Best looking imho:

Motomarina Raven

Fantic Issimo

Motron Taxi

Cimatti Gran Prix XL

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

My Raven....

raven3.jpg

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Ok so not really a V1 but a darn close copy. Carabela Carrera. So well made

I love that Raven!

> Tri-ped Dave Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok so not really a V1 but a darn close copy. Carabela Carrera. So well

> made

I had my hands on a black Carrera one time. The front fender was mangled a bit. I couldn't seem to pull the trigger on the $700 price tag. Non running/sat for years. It sold for asking price pretty quick, couple weeks. I'll probably never see another. The bike had pedals, and a auto oiler. The frame tube was the oil tank. Cool bike for sure.

Motomarina SEBRING! Best moped with Minarelli Engine. Top tank holds 2.5 gals. fuel.

Stock gets 150 mpg.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/85/5042/ Not mine, but I have one Minarelli powered. (edited)

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /
Baretta45.jpg

The stock pipe on the Baretta 45, is a genuine 40mph pipe. I miss that bike. Got it in a box for $60, with a seized engine.

all of em! :^) But I love the safri frames. super beefy. Step though or top tank both look nice to me.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account