New Tomos Tomorrow.

_59.jpeg

Getting this 2005 Tomos with just 2100km on it. Stock unmodified 49cc! My Modded 70cc tomos lx the tranny got ground to shit. Going to transfer the exhaust, wondering if I'd be safe putting the 70cc Cylinder from my old Tomos on this one I am buying tomorrow?

Re: New Tomos Tomorrow.

If the top end is in good shape when u take it apart then yeah...swap it all over....that's a targa btw .

Do yourself a favour, just keep it stock and ride it. You lucked out on your other bike, couldn't justify the repair, got a loan to buy another one, so don't tempt fate with the new one.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yeah stock that thing will go about 30 and I would personally because they're selling it I would double check the clutches and everything before I start riding it all the time it wouldn't take anything to pop it open take a look make sure that the clutches don't need repadding I mean if you if you keep an eye on on how much your clutch wears you can minimize any kind of damages to your transmission even if you are running a 70 or 80 cc cylinder but if you're going to upgrade it you do a complete teardown and then Blue Print it you make sure all the specs are Beyond Factory I mean you want military specs with less than a thousandth deviation it's hard for a home hoppiest to do but you can get it close and as long as everything is true and centered I kidded bike will last just as long as a stock one but it requires more maintenance and more attention if you just slap something on there chances are it's going to blow up within a month and a half

Overpriced Parts /

Just put a cheep performance pipe, black cap and screen filter and up jet around to 61-62 jet gear up a bit and use stock cylinder if good and it will give about 40 or a bit more mph and still stay together ok,

A70cc kit will waste your stock clutches/ trans parts quicker so more maintenance will be needed

Yea I just think I put the bitburo exhaust on it. Check the clutches, check the plug. Put the Givi box and saddlebags on it and run it easy.

If you guys know anyone in the Greater Toronto Canada Area. Selling the old one without the exhaust, rear turn signals, or Givi topcase. 70 cc alukit cylinder and piston with High Compression head from Treats. Good for parts. $250 CDN Negotiable. It's a 2005 LX a35 Engine 7000km ballpark. Pickup only, will ship if you make the arrangements with shipping company! If you have the tranny parts, won't take much to get running. Was riding up till last week. Need the cash to pay off loan used to buy new one!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

When before you buy it taken for a ride and then go down a hill and coasts and if the chain pops off it's the internal roller bearing gear in the clutch Bell it shot if that's bad double check the main counter shaft gear cluster it will most likely be missing the question marks spring and when you replace it you'll notice it doesn't function right then you'd have to take it apart and fix the internal kick starter cage the nut that goes on that countershaft though is spect to 52 Newtons which is outrageous it's sort of like a hundred fifty foot pounds

Yea thanks

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It's a shame I'm so far away because I could probably fix that in an hour and a half I have every single part I could possibly require

Appreciate it bro if you could pass the word! Cheers

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account