Peugeot 103 - but which model and year?

Simon Hovedskou /

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Moped Army but I hope you can help me out a bit.

I just bought an old and weathered Peugeot 103 moped, but I dont know what model and year it is.

I have looked at the vin number and motor number, and here is what I could find.

Vin: 6181696

Motor: 43574700

I plan on restoring it and perhaps giving it an scrambler look. Engine, carb and the rest will be stock, but with a few twists.

Would be cool if you could share some knowledge about the model and perhaps year of the moped - along with any helpful thinks you can come up with.

20190429_105900.jpg
20190429_110027.jpg

Re: Peugeot 103 - but which model and year?

looks like at least 3 or 4 different bikes made this one bike.

Simon Hovedskou /

Hello Zach,

Thanks for the input. I have had the same thought due to the different colours.

Besides the obvious indications colour differences, is there anything else you can see that would indicate a mix between different bikes?

My bike is with a rigid backend and it looks like it doesn't have a variator.

Do you think it's possible to add some rear shock absorbers as well as adding a variator?

its much much easier to sell that one and one and buy a nicer condition 103. w variator, w shocks.

Josiah Radebaugh /

If you weren't in Denmark I'd buy it from you!

Simon Hovedskou /

Hej Josiah,

Yeah, distance is sometimes a bit of a hassle when it comes to old bikes and trading different parts. Often shipping is more expensive than the bike / part itself!!

Is the 103 rigid more desirable than the ones with shocks?

- also, is there any benefit to run the stock engine without variator?

Simon Hovedskou /

Hey Pat,

I haven't had the bike for very long so I am still in the process of finding out what to do with the bike..

I can see a lot of people write about riding rigid. Do you know if the rigid 103 more desirable that the ones with shocks?

In regards to the engine, I dont plan on modifying it a whole lot as laws on that part is pretty sticks in Denmark.

Is there any advantages in running with a no variator engine to a variator engine?

nice one !

Josiah Radebaugh /

I wouldn't say they're more desirable but I kinda want one.

Simon Hovedskou /

Hey Josiah,

Gottha. It's not the most comfortable choice, but it will look nice and clean :-)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account