Hobbit Advice

Picked this PA5OI over the winter. Ran ok. Put on some new tires, added DR70 kit, Keihin PC20 I had laying around.

After long WOT I GET a bad lean bog and it dies. Current is 95MJ and 38SJ.

Any advice on jets?

Re: Hobbit Advice

Probably a dumb question but you aren't running the stock pa50i reed/reedblock are you?

Bad fuel flow, bad tank venting.

Happy Pancake /

Sorry. PA50II reed block and intake. I was also thinking bad fuel flow w/ the elevated carb. Does 95/38 sound about right? I can hook up my AFR meter but don't want to gunk it up.

Happy Pancake /

Plug looks good

image.jpg

If the bike runs well at the beginning of a wot run and isn't dying due to extreme heat or plug fouling then it's not your jetting. The elevated carb means nothing if the fuel level is above the carb. Draining the float bowl due to clogged petcocks, inlet fittings, float needle seats etc will. Pulling a vacuum in the fuel tank because the cap isn't letting air in is more common than you'd think also.

Happy Pancake /

Thanks. 325F at WOT. I'll pull the petcock. There's an air bubble in the in-line filter. Pulls real hard to 45mph then hits that wall.

Air bubbles won't block you like that, 325 is way too low. You may be way rich or your timing is off.

Happy Pancake /

Timing was spot on when I checked. Used piston stop. I’ll recheck. Thx

Happy Pancake /

Petcock flow was a drip. Ordered a new one. I’m used to 4T scoots w fuel pump. Will update later. Thanks

Happy Pancake /

New petcock fixed the flow problems.

Got the front mag on. I need to make a brake cable.

B1BE7454-C797-4CEF-B7B5-2ED9EE81E4C4.jpeg

Jerome Anderson /

lovely one, i like it !

Happy Pancake /

Mags look good.

Any tricks to getting brakes adjusted to work better ?

1517C68F-FA89-4D95-96D0-B26EF247C491.jpeg

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Nice!!!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account