Re: Is rewiring actually necessary?

Marc Friedman /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hobbit wiring is very Japanese in essence. And often if not exposed to raw weather is very resistant to aging.

Vespa wiring is also pretty good but isn't quite as enduring.

Tomos wiring uses thinner gauge and has greater complexities in the 2011 s I have. Plus they were uninterested in placement of the wiring vs a vs moving parts.

My magnum is entirely a home made wiring loom and because I wanted 12 v dc is very complex. It is great when it all works but too many wires that don't have a factory made home.

A hard wire of just ignition and lights is not that complex to make but even adding brake lights requires a whole lot of complexities. People who ride without a brake light just seem insane to me unless u have places to ride without cars.

To wire things up with valid color coded multistrand 20g wire with nukeproof connectors require a hefty investment.

I buy oem vintage connectors off the internet. But making a functional wiring harness is a super blast.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account