1977 Columbia Imperial, looking for the information

Julien Blanchard /

Red, 1977 Columbia Imperial, 900 miles. Sachs motor, bing carburetor. I’ve been calling it old reliable red because it’s I would like to know what goes wrong with these things and just some advice from someone who’s rode one for a long time.

I live in Medford Oregon area so If there’s any moped enthusiast around get ahold of me, I’m willing to hear offers on my pedi to.

Re: 1977 Columbia Imperial, looking for the information

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Reliable German motor mounted on a mediocre to poor frame. Rattle city and brake shoes are no longer available and impossible to source unless lucky as a unicorn. You can do like the antique car people do and have the old shoes re-lined if necessary

Julien Blanchard /

Yeah I’ve been tightening and adding rubber washers everywhere and it’s a lot better on the raddling. It’s manly the fenders that shake, I’m gonna get some rubber or foome sticks and put that in between the forks and front fender so I know there’s no contact. Other then that it’s common for older bikes before they started using rubber engine mounts to need tightened. It just needs a little love lol. Keep the info coming!

This bike can take anything you throw at it.

I have had 4 of these bikes and they will not die!

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

True the sachs 504/B will run forever if you do not abuse it. These motors were not built as recreational toys. They were built for daily transportation for those who could not afford cars.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account