1977 Columbia Imperial, looking for the information

Julien Blanchard /

Red, 1977 Columbia Imperial, 900 miles. Sachs motor, bing carburetor. I’ve been calling it old reliable red because it’s I would like to know what goes wrong with these things and just some advice from someone who’s rode one for a long time.

I live in Medford Oregon area so If there’s any moped enthusiast around get ahold of me, I’m willing to hear offers on my pedi to.

Re: 1977 Columbia Imperial, looking for the information

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Reliable German motor mounted on a mediocre to poor frame. Rattle city and brake shoes are no longer available and impossible to source unless lucky as a unicorn. You can do like the antique car people do and have the old shoes re-lined if necessary

Julien Blanchard /

Yeah I’ve been tightening and adding rubber washers everywhere and it’s a lot better on the raddling. It’s manly the fenders that shake, I’m gonna get some rubber or foome sticks and put that in between the forks and front fender so I know there’s no contact. Other then that it’s common for older bikes before they started using rubber engine mounts to need tightened. It just needs a little love lol. Keep the info coming!

This bike can take anything you throw at it.

I have had 4 of these bikes and they will not die!

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

True the sachs 504/B will run forever if you do not abuse it. These motors were not built as recreational toys. They were built for daily transportation for those who could not afford cars.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account