Considering buying these on eBay are they worth it?

Re: Considering buying these on eBay are they worth it?

no

The answer is maybe. Depends where you live, and what mopeds are worth in your area. Flooding the listings with all 4 will be harder to move also. Expect it to take a little while to sell them off and to make minimal real profit after making them road worthy, if any. Overall I would pass.

I've owned several hobbits, and I have helped friends buy/build hobbits. I would say no. My first two hobbits I bought together mostly complete for $200 total. The most I would pay for a stock 78 Hobbit pa50i is $200, and a pa50ii $300.

If those were rarer bikes, like 4 Kit Kat's or something, I would buy them. But Hobbits aren't particularly rare, and the 78's (no CDI, turn signals, battery, etc) just aren't worth that much in my eyes.

i have always wanted one of these. I am thinking about offering 1000

Also be aware that the red ones will be harder to move even still. You may get $250-300 for the yellows and either less for the reds or they will move much slower. You could just find a hobbit for yourself. I also think the seller is making the wrong move trying to dump them as a lot.

Well, I think I can put 2 together and have a lot of spares. I am not looking to make a profit. I put this DR350 together out of 5 bikes!(edited)

1a.jpg

I was not realy thinking about selling them!

Jack Rutherford /

offer $800 if you are close enough to get them

I was on Facebook Marketplace YESTERDAY and a guy about 90 minutes east of Syracuse had 3 yellow and 1 red Hobbits and parts for sale for $500 total. He said somebody was coming over to get them this morning. I suspect these are the same bikes and the new owner is trying to flip them for a really quick $900 profit. Given the cost for gasoline and turnpike tolls, he starts making a profit at $550.(edited)

Screenshot_2019-04-20-22-40-31.png

kevin Smellaflange /

like pat-slat said...no

you'll sleep better now

350 for a hobbit is a fair deal. 350 apiece for 4 hobbits? If you've got space I guess sure. I wouldn't, but I do love a hobbit

I see that the ebay ad has been marked down to $1125...

If I were taking them on as a bundle would expect a discount. I agree with churioz, I'd offer $800 and see if he'll do it - otherwise I would just shop around for a single one or two.

If you do buy them as a bundle, I will be passing through Syracuse around 4th of July and would buy one of them off you if in good condition. PM me if you end up buying and need to move any of them

And now the seller added a "make offer" button that wasn't there this morning. Could it be that he is regretting his $500 purchase?

I bet he thought he could make a small fortune flipping mopeds.

Yea these bikes would already be gone if he sold them individually @ $300. He would make more money too

I love Hobbits as much as the next guy, but I don't have 4 asses.

Like Ryan said it's all about where you are selling them. In California In a bigger city running registered with all the parts the yellows would bring 750.00 no problem

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Like Ryan said it's all about where you are selling them. In California

> In a bigger city running registered with all the parts the yellows would

> bring 750.00 no problem

But it's not

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account