Mopeds in Florida?

Anybody down in Florida with mopeds? I seem to be the only one within a 75 mile radius of my house.

Re: Mopeds in Florida?

> Tommy K Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Anybody down in Florida with mopeds? I seem to be the only one within a

> 75 mile radius of my house.

Good for you,Tommy! Make sure you're taking the smaller ,slower roads. I'll bet there's a bunch of Mopeders down there close.

Iam in south florida. Mopeds are few and far between around me also. I only know of two other people and they're somewhat far from me (next county over).

me on fl. 2

Where in Florida are y'all? We need a rally to happen down here.

i know sarasota is home to the dirty petcocks

I’m in Melbourne an hour east of Orlando... but have travelled across the state buying mopeds

Fort pierce, checking in.

Im getting ready to move to st petersburg . hoping to meet up with some riders there

Yeah, moped scene here is pretty lonely, I’m in Orlando. I ride to work some days, or ride with some vintage Vespa dudes, but that’s about it. I’ve meta couple of people that had mopeds, but not so much anymore. Dirty Petcocks in Sarasota are a good group, they ride on tuesdays if you are ever down that way.

Frank Bailey (MOPITT) /

I'm in the Masotta Key area. Still too far from the rest of you. Dirty Petcocks are an hour north but I never made it this season.

I think there is still a team rocket presence in the lakeland area

My brother in law lives in Lakeland. Next time I visit I might just take a moped and try to link up with folks.

My mom lives in st cloud fl about months a year. Dude i would be nervous riding mopeds in fl. Drivers are nuts down fl.

> James Henry Wrote:

> My mom lives in st cloud fl about months a year. Dude i would be

> nervous riding mopeds in fl. Drivers are nuts down fl.

Maybe , could it be , why there are so few mopeds riders there ? LOL

I live in Saint Petersburg and run a bike shop out of my house, I've got tools, parts and peds on deck. Beach rides are the best. Folks are always welcome, hit me up when you're in town. Braaaap!

Troy Weisenmiller /

Hey I am new to Orlando! I have been here for a few months and need to find some moped guys! Let me know what is up!!

I think onell is the only remaining moped person in orlando.

Troy Weisenmiller /

Who is onell?

I’m here too. Onell is around some, but I think he’s pretty busy riding dirt bikes and going on adventures.

> BLK KWANZAA Wrote:

> I think onell is the only remaining moped person in orlando.

Naw. There is at least half a dozen or so. But they arnt active. I'm actually the only active rider/active builder in Orlando lol.

Is there anywhere SAFE to ride around Orlando? I know that north up there is a nice quaint bunch of streets with a lot of shops and no on e is allowed to drive fast. Don't remember what that are is called.

East Orlando not a good place (Curry ford/Goldenrod/East colonial) too much traffic and impatient drivers. N.441/Lee rd/Apopka/Winter Garden/Ocoee/Zellwood have great long back roads. Was going to go for a ride today towards Windamere but my variator nut came loose and disappeared 5 min after take off.(edited)

We use to blast around downtown a lot. so many fun Wednesday night ride's winter park rides were also sick.

i am in the process of moving to St Pete now . Cant wait to find some folks to ride with . do you ride often? I am moving mt blacksmithing /metalworking shop there now . into the warehouse arts district

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Is there anywhere SAFE to ride around Orlando? I know that north up

> there is a nice quaint bunch of streets with a lot of shops and no on e

> is allowed to drive fast. Don't remember what that are is called.

Winter Park

(Edit).....Tyler said it first(edited)

> theron ross(ofmc) Wrote:

> i am in the process of moving to St Pete now . Cant wait to find some

> folks to ride with . do you ride often? I am moving mt blacksmithing

> /metalworking shop there now . into the warehouse arts district

We have a secret truck moving your stuff back to Charlotte. For every load you take down one comes back.

I've been daring enough to ride on I-4 from downtown Orlando to Maitland :)(edited)

i-4.png

im up here in jacksonville, our scene faded out. fl in general bad place for 2 wheeled devices, especially the big metro areas. wish brent was still around for his yearly ride in inverness.

The only people I’ve ridden with in Orlando are vintage Vespa dudes, but their scene has dwindled as well. I ride to work sometimes, but the weather right now is prohibitive.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account