Getting title for mopeds

I have a moped without title. Bought it with bill of sale only. I’m in NJ. I see a few good deals also I’m looking to purchase but I’m afraid without title.

Re: Getting title for mopeds

As long as it isn't stolen you should be able to figure it out

Here in Ohio, we never needed titles, and I've had my first moped since 1979. We still don't need titles to get license plates.

So what happens if a person has one or more mopeds in a state that doesn't require titles and moves to a state that does? And what happens if the powers that be determine that a moped you thought you legally owned turned out to be stolen or was sold without transferring?

In MN if the bike was never registered, or has not been for 7 yrs, it drops from the computer system, and you fill out a form take some pics, pay your money and get your plate, title comes in the mail.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> As long as it isn't stolen you should be able to figure it out obviously you have never dealt with the New Jersey Department of Transportation best bet is to fudge the date so it's within 30 days on the receipt the receipt should have the driver the sellers driver's license number and registration if it was ever registered and if it was ever registered the name must match the name on title if said title exist if the gentleman died whose name is on the title and it was never transferred you can pay a fee and get it transferred the best thing you can do is probably take it to your State Rep and do a little research ahead of time see if you could just get away with a grandfather thing if it's old enough you should be able to give him a sob story about all it was Grandpa's and you never got a title and all that other good crap put on a couple tears or have your girlfriend do it works better if it's a girl bringing it in I know usually help you get all your ducks in a row for court if you need to create a title you can look into in forma pauperis status if you make under like 27 Grand a year you can like wave your fees for the court so that way you can just take it in there make sure at the end of it all the judge fixes his seal on it that is the money shot that will run you $260 if you don't have the in forma pauperis the court would also charge you a hundred and thirty for a motion to be heard before the judge and if you mess it up I don't think they'll let you do it again without paying so get it right the first time.

A bill of sale from one NJ resident to another will get you nothing but aggravation. It has to be a notarized bill of sale from an out of state seller that lives in a state that doesn't require titles for mopeds. If all you have is a bill of sale from another NJ/PA/NY resident, it isn't worth the paper it's written on.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Thanks Laura I'm glad you print on it I miss steak and Lee quoted in Road in the quote thing and it cut me off I I was going to say that and on top of it how much it cost to go through a court and if you have to go through a court to make title it will cost you a whole bunch of money unless you make under like $27,000 a year you can file with the Prof onary a forma pauperis status so that you can file things with the court and wave all the fees it's like $130 for the motion to see a judge and then at the end of it the money shot is he puts a seal on it make sure he puts the seal on it and that is a $260 seal you can then take that and create a title provided there was no previous title in New Jersey the best bet is just go to your State Rep or better yet have your girlfriend go to the state rap office and ask for help usually they can help you out and get all your ducks in a row for court good luck

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Or you can go through transfer status in Vermont look up transferable registration Vermont it's like the reach-around I I I mean work around

have any friends in MD ?

all we need is a BoS and you get mailed a new title in your name for the moped. one of the cool things about our state

That’s what I was afraid of

Actually I do know people in MD. I’ll look into that ASAP thanks

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account