Am I stupid

For selling a full functioning for $450?

8E3649B4-8EEE-46E1-BD27-E9AD6AFC2D0E.jpeg

I think its worth 7, but.......friend

Re: Am I stupid

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /
RuePaulgif.gif

No, always cool to give a friend a deal.

Not stupid,just being kind to your friend.

> Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

hehehe i'll take that as stupid.....dude walked away without it.......just trying to figure out if i'm way out of line.....

Das a nice bike

Rob LaFreniere /

Yes, stupid for not wanting to keep it forever. Price isn't the issue; she really is a beauty.

^the problem is the damn things collect like old magazines....room can become an issue, as can selling one to someone you know, if not mechanical they will want you to work on it. That IS a very nice bike though.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

> ID OD Wrote:

> dude walked away without

> it.......

WTF, too costly for him? Did you tell him it was a Super Deluxe?

DSCN3413.JPG

I sold this for $450, lost my shirt, big time. It was gorgeous on the outside, but needed a crank, both clutches ,stator and flywheel were rusted to shit. Needed full rebiuld. I paid $400 for it. A3 no less. Fucking peice of shit Tomos, never again. Give me a variator over a two-speed (what is up with that shift?) any day.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If you mess with the 2 speed and keep a log of tweaks you would be amazed at how well they can work.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I would think so, that bike seems flawless! I'd buy that for 700, if I had the 700. 450 is one HEK of a deal.

I'll be in your neighborhood the weekend of the 27th/28th.... can WE be friends?!!! (PM'd you too)(edited)

i'm setting my cousin up with a bravo right now:

traded the parts bike bravo (worth maybe 250) for a fully built malossi 43 motor with carb and ignition and variator to my buddy tyler in a terrible lopsided trade.

(maybe $350 value, 140 kit, 50 crank, 50 carb, 40 bearings, 50 vario, cases and build)

Sold my cousin the bravo for $200 (lost 150 bucks)

Gave my cousin an olympia 43 kit (100) brand new crank (50) and Tecno circuit (80) for $50 - lost another $180

plus $40 for some barely used Sava MC2's... i dunno, probably lost another $30?

Plus i'm building the whole bike with him so i'm basically doing all the same work that i would be doing to sell it but i'm taking 5x longer as i explain everything.

Either way, its fun, mopeds are fun. I work a job that pays me money so i can blow money on dumb moped stuff. Plus i'm getting rid of a bunch of vespa shit that i'm sick of looking at and cleaning out my junk all in one shot so thats pretty cool.

Nah... just one of the good guys.

Got one of those in the garage. Soon I'll pull em all out and inspect them closely. I know my Silver Bullitt needs ignition stuff. I don't think the Golden needs much.New tires and tubes probably. Points cleaned and reset.

Overpriced Parts /

No moneys are worth more then friends,

Money is just a tool to do things

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^the problem is the damn things collect like old magazines....room can

> become an issue, as can selling one to someone you know, if not

> mechanical they will want you to work on it. That IS a very nice bike

> though.

Spot on......I dislike selling bikes. Soooo I hooked my dude up with, 3 weeks later (after two years of badgering me to sell him a moped )

IMG_1371.jpg

300 bones.....Everything works as it should....Low mile, bought from OG owner.....My dude fucked up for not buying that vespa...Moral of this story, Think long think wrong...All in all, he still got a good deal, with two guaranteed trouble shoot calls...hahaha.....glad thats over............

Can I be your friend?

kevin Smellaflange /

it's all in the timing...but friends are more valuable than cash.

one day nothing seems to click...a couple of days later it's all turned around... you just hope to break even sooner than later.

I'm never in it for the moneys. That said I've managed to make more than most people somehow. Usually the money's in getting a "built" unfinished non-running project. you restore it to stock functional with spare take-offs and sell the performance bits on top.

I don't think 450 is an exceptionally good friend deal, nor a foolishly low craigslist offer. It's about what I'd be asking, to a friend I'd probably just give it to them with a "pay me if you sell it" clause. If I was trying for max profit, yeah try listing at 700 and see how long it stays there. Inevitably I wind up talking buyers down. theyre all infatuated wow it's so cool and i'm like yeah but 3 weeks ago when it was cold it took me 5 minutes to get it started, you probably don't want this. ok, I sell it to you for 50 less? -100?

that said, gorgeous bike, impeccable condition. very pretty.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I'm never in it for the moneys. That said I've managed to make more than

> most people somehow. Usually the money's in getting a "built" unfinished

> non-running project. you restore it to stock functional with spare

> take-offs and sell the performance bits on top.

>

> I don't think 450 is an exceptionally good friend deal, nor a foolishly

> low craigslist offer. It's about what I'd be asking, to a friend I'd

> probably just give it to them with a "pay me if you sell it" clause. If

> I was trying for max profit, yeah try listing at 700 and see how long it

> stays there. Inevitably I wind up talking buyers down. theyre all

> infatuated wow it's so cool and i'm like yeah but 3 weeks ago when it

> was cold it took me 5 minutes to get it started, you probably don't want

> this. ok, I sell it to you for 50 less? -100?

>

> that said, gorgeous bike, impeccable condition. very pretty.

@WillD I respect that, as I do with most of what you post. Thanks it is a sweet ride, and was loved by og owner. In the end my goals are to just break even in life.....Leave outa here with what I came with....nota.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account