Honda Aero 50 Resurrection...

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I know it's not a moped, but it is a 2-stroke! I've run out of peds to restore so I picked up this 1986 Honda Aero at an estate sale yesterday. The bike had been sitting for several years. Cleaned her up this morning and went through all the usual things you have to do to resurrect a moped that has been sitting for years. After about an hour and a half of working on her, she fired up with the kickstarter. Now, I just need to replace the battery and tires/tubes and she should be ready to go.

aero80.jpg

Re: Honda Aero 50 Resurrection...

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Nice find!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Thanks! She purrs like a kitten now. I’m really digging this machine....lol.

And , it even fit your moped carrier . ;)

How come nobody wfff'd mopedlar. I say flame him more than the newbie posters on here, he knows the rules. Mods, move this to o.t....

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I guess it’s because I prefaced my post with an acknowledgment that is was not exactly a moped. If the mod thinks it should be moved to OT, then so be it. I’ll let them decide.

Is that the one with the cargo compartment on one side? Should be good for about 35mph? Great find!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Is that the one with the cargo compartment on one side? Should be good

> for about 35mph? Great find!

Yes, it has the rear storage compartment. I think they went to that style body in '85 if I'm not mistaken.

Larry...……….you're going down the road to Perdition......LOL! Get back on the moped track.

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Is that the one with the cargo compartment on one side? Should be good

>

> > for about 35mph? Great find!

>

> Yes, it has the rear storage compartment. I think they went to that

> style body in '85 if I'm not mistaken.

I believe you are correct, it was the the next model "up" from the Spree, almost bought one last year, I need the speed, and I don't feel like kitting my mopeds, seemed like the best bet and still class as a moped, the Yamaha Jog 50cc was a little screamer too.

Sweet scooter. I say leave this thread here it's a 2 stroke and vintage. Plus mopedlar is a legend.

Off Topic..it's a snail.....LOL!

Pushrod Fifty /

Sell it to me, Ill park in the OT bay of my garage.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Everyone needs a scooter for those rainy days to keep your pants from getting soaked

nice score!! 86 and 87 are the best years to have!! i have an 83 and finding jets were a betcchhh. aero50's are great!!! ours is upjetted to a 91 and has a pipe, runs awesome and flatout does maybe 45. good luck with it, enjoy!!

aero50pipe.jpg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

How come nobody wfff'd mopedlar. I say flame him more than the newbie posters on here, he knows the rules. Mods, move this to o.t....

Nope i have total respect for Honda Sprees & Aeros. Plus Mopedlar is a true mopeder to the bone, he is allowed to indulge in other areas as well.

The Aero is a faster spree basically from what i understand. I say ride it around and enjoy it@!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the support!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Was that a stock color scheme or did someone mix a red and black one together? Looks good, just curious

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It’s 100% stock. I think they came in white/blue as well. (edited)

kevin Smellaflange /

hope your tongue weight is rated for that poor hitch.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The Aero weighs just about the same as a moped. That poor hitch/carrier on my Element has been all over the country without incident. For heavier bikes, I have a heavy duty Versahaul that I use with my Colorado truck. I believe the tongue weight on my Element is 400 pounds. The combined weight of my Tow-ped moped carrier and the aero is less than 175 pounds. (edited)

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /
ScorpionandAero.jpg

> Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

> Great picture illustrating the superior good looks,larger tires, and sleekness of the moped vs. the slimy snail next to it. LOL!

TOP GUN™ ANDY ⚔ (LSLB) ⚔ /

Aero's are sick lil scooties. I've got two 80's and I commute on em regularly. Pretty easy to work on and very peppy!

Mars has the big ol 125 and that thing friggin CRANKS

> Downhill Harvey (OFMC) Wrote:

>

Those Scorpions are one of the sexiest mopeds you guys got and we dont.

80's 2 stroke scooters are also fine in my book. Everything that survives after 30 years is obviously better than that chinese 4 stroke crap these days.

That Scorpion was made in the USA, in my state of MN if I recall right, albeit with European parts, they are good looking bikes. Never seen the red and white Areo, only red and black, the red seat goes against my sense of aesthetics, but it was the '80's odd colors were the norm.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Well, I put new tubes/tires, battery and air filter on my little Aero 50 and she rips off the line. She's topping out at around 40 mph. I am very impressed with the power this little 2 stroke makes. I think I'll keep this scoot to teach my daughter-in-law in VA how to ride.

Wow, 40? That is impressive!

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> It’s 100% stock. I think they came in white/blue as well.

they changed the colors throughout the years produced, '83 - 87 each year or every other year they changed the color options. usually atleast 2 available per year

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account