Re: Amstar Nostalgia 49cc

Does anyone know a good replacement speedometer for this bike particularly in mph 😂 not kph?

Probably Fred /

> C Ford Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone know a good replacement speedometer for this bike

> particularly in mph 😂 not kph?

Just mark a line with a sharpie on existing speedometer face every 10 KM, 10 km = 6.2 mph so 10km is 6.2 Mi, 20km is 12.4, Mi, 30km is 18.6 Mi, 40km is 24.8 Mi, 50 km is 30 mph etc.

Just google/Amazon “analog speedometer” in mph or you could get a “really good” phone holder and download a digital speedometer and use that. Honestly I kinda just remembered that 50kmh=31mph and 80kmh=50mph

Cooper Jaferian /

I need help finding cafe style or clip on handlebars for my second gen nostalgia!

Also in the market for a big bore kit for the 139fmb motor and don’t know which kit will fit it. Any help is appreciated

HTT GROUP Motorcycle Black Round...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01COEDYIE/

You can buy these risers and buy a set of clubman handle bars and bam you got cafe racer style (you’ll need some spacers, the bolts they send are kinda long) . I don’t recommend clip ons because the metal covering around the nostalgias forks like to slide. Also you could get a big bore kit or for around the same price maybe a little more, just buy a 125cc which is what I did. Engine swap is just 2 bolts and reconnecting wires. I have a 125cc swap and plan on a 140 swap this summer (edited)

Which 129 cc motor did you decide to go with?

I ordered a Zhongshen 125 horizontal type, from “Orion” online. But they sent me a different brand engine, nonetheless it was still a 125. Since this is my first bike this was my first swap, found videos online that helped. The couple of wires typically match up color coded, but I looked up “lifan wire harness” just to be sure. You’ll see lots of Honda ct70 or Honda cub videos, wiring is same~same. On another note I’m getting a 140cc this summer from tbolt I heard there builds are better. Orion just felt unprofessional in my opinion.

Hey so to start off I just got this bike. It’s my first bike ever and it’s also the first one I’ve attempted to do a build up on. Thanks everyone for answering my questions so far😂 I have one more. does anyone know a good performance spark plug replacement for this bike?

Izel Aenocyon /

Howdy Howdy

Acquired the Nostalgia 49 almost a year ago, feels like 3 years, and have finally started to put together my plan for upgrades and performance modifications. I'm trying to put together as diligently as I can my notes and parts list as I go on as well as taking notes during the process. Just found this forum so I'm excited to dig in and share as I go along.

Bike.jpg

Which Muffler did you get off of Amazon? I’ve been looking and can’t quite figure out which one?

@disguyandy Any updated on your build?

I’m still adding and customizing but so far this what I got :D

My tank ended up with a leak from the vibrations of the new engine but also the rubber bushings used between the tank and frame aren’t that good to begin with. Easy fix with som quick steel. Also tried my hand at giving it a vintage barnyard look it’s ok I guess but I like it. It’s funny because it’s a 2018 lol. I swapped my rear turn signals to ones that strobe like a Ford mustangs if get what I mean. And I have an LED bar brake light

I plan on getting a better quality engine from tbolt USA and adding angel wing lights that are button activated so I could use them at will. Give it an unexpected tron effect!! But first I’ve gotta get a new battery because this stock Chinese battery is finally done. I had a bad rectifier/regulator so I had to order a new one. So I’m positive my lights are low and flickering because of the battery.

E0458395-F2CD-4AD0-9555-67037B809DA2.jpeg
173AC86B-65F2-4ACA-A8B1-E17441F3113C.jpeg
40770B7E-ED4A-4824-968C-92FC44D15ADF.jpeg

Oh yehh I added a saddle on the right side of the seat(under)

And I have a 17 tooth front sprocket and I can go highway speeds 65-70 (edited)

Had a bit of an issue on my last oil change and was hoping for some insight - After draining oil I loosened what I thought to be the bolt for the oil filter, maybe a few inches away from the oil drain bolt. To my slight dismay out came a large spring followed by a ~3 inch metal tube with some holes machined into it, as well as a plastic/rubber sort of plug. I put the tube back in first, followed by spring and bolt, but I'm still clueless as to what it all was and fearful about what I have caused by not putting that little plug back in - I had no way of seeing where it may have come from. Again, all this came out from a bolt near the oil drain plug. I ran the bike very gently and it seemed to be fine - any ideas what the metal tube/plug were meant to do?

Documentation on this bike/engine is hopeless.

hah, that's your cam chain tensioner.

theres LOTS of documentation, it's just not labeled as "amstar" or whatever, they use the same generic horizontal honda as basically every other shifted motor under 200cc. pitbikes, atvs, all that shit, "lifan" is used to commonly refer to those clones as it's the most familiar branf (like kleenex is to facial tissues...)

tbolt usa has a tech section that'd be useful to ya

Andy, I’m impressed that you made an amstar nostalgia look pretty good.

Why did you remove the ground pad from the kickstand ?

Taylor Anderson /

Hi guys, so I've ordered an Amstar Nostalgia 49cc and I'm very interested in upgrading it, however I'm not very mechanically inclined. I've gotten the Goofit 5 Pin CDI, how long should I let the engine break in before I install it? Also been looking at tires, I know the specs say 2.5-17 for the front and 2.75-17 for the rear. So would an 80/90/17 fit on the front without taking the fender off?

I doubt it, but you’ll have to measure to know for sure. 80mm width, 90mm height. Without doing real math that is somewhere between 3” and 3.25” tire...that’s large (edited)

Taylor Anderson /

Guess I'll measure when it gets here. https://www.jmpbparts.com/tiresizes is what I was looking at for the conversion.

Taylor Anderson /

Oh, and will I need to get dimpled handlebars?

80 Millimeter = 3.14961 Inch

90 Millimeter = 3.54331 Inch

^ but 80/90 means it's 80mm width with 90% aspect ratio, so 3.15" wide, 2.85" tall.

Actual size may vary some too. I'd be very surprised if that fit.

I use https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc a bunch to see how different stuff is. just plug in stock size vs new size and it spits out how much that changes width, height, even gear ratio or speedo offset

For tires sized as an inch like 17x2.5, just convert 2.5 inch to mm (~65mm), that's your 1st number and use /100 as the second (so essentially it's 17, 2.5 wide, 2.5 tall) = 17 65/100

Taylor Anderson /

Hey everyone! So my Nostalgia came in yesterday, haven't been able to ride yet due to torrential downpour yesterday. So I put the mirrors on and took the stickers off. This morning I I attempted to try to ride. Got it started, it idled for maybe a minute then died. Does this everytime, and rolling on the throttle cause the engine to die immediately. Anyone know why a new, "ready to ride" won't ride? Is there something I'm missing? I've got the fuel switch turned to on. Choked it was gonna let it warm up for a few minutes, but no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Is there a choke? Are you using it?

Taylor Anderson /

There is a choke, and I have used it.

Plugged tank vent? Try it with the gas cap off to check.

Taylor Anderson /

I made sure the fuel switch(?) on the engine was turned to ON. I'll try it without the gas cap when I get off work, thanks for the help and I'll let yah know what happens.

> Taylor Anderson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I made sure the fuel switch(?) on the engine was turned to ON. I'll try

> it without the gas cap when I get off work, thanks for the help and I'll

> let yah know what happens.

There's oil in it right

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account