Puch pinto brake help

Kenneth Ocasio /

Hello fellow riders. My first post here. I am in the final stages of restoring a 1977 puch pinto that was heavily abused by the last owner. My issue is hooking up the brake cable to the front wheel. I see the linkage where the cable stop sits on but nowhere for the adjustment to go. Dont remember anything holding it when i got it. The videos and pictures i took/online are no help. Hoping someone here can help me out. Thanks!

20190403_181611.jpg
20190403_181706.jpg
20190403_181721.jpg

Re: Puch pinto brake help

Looks like youre missing something. This is how mine is set up on my pinto and magnum.

IMG_20190403_184057813.jpg
IMG_20190403_184049925.jpg

That’s a motobecane brake

Kenneth Ocasio /

Ahhhh thank you! So grabbing a leleu cover from treat would be my best bet instead of trying to configure it to the motobecane?

That brake hub is for another bike other than a Puch/Kromag... totally opposite...

NOS-leleu-front-plate-vCOOL-2.jpg

I recently replaced the front brakes on my 1978 Pinto. I just took this picture.

brake.JPG

look on the forks to see if u have a tab that stops the brake plate from rotating. u may need to weld one on., check hub diameter, axle diameter, etc.

Dirty30 Dillon /

First off, your fork legs are rotated 180* wrong. The square welded on bracket with two holes is the fender support.

Secondly, that's a motobecane brake plate which will not function on the forks you have. I would check to make sure you even have a Puch front wheel. Otherwise, you will have problems matching the puch leleu brake plate to the hub.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account