Anyone tried dakar cranks for e50?

Anyone tried Dakar cranks for e50?. How have they held up i know they are cheep but are they good or crappy?

https://www.puchshop.de/dmp-crankshaft-dakar-full-round-race-for-puch-maxi.html

Re: Anyone tried dakar cranks for e50?

https://www.dennycycles.com/puch-monza-aluminum-dakar-crankshaft/

Denny Cycles has some too. There was a tread a couple years ago talking about these. I wonder if I could find it.

the problem with anything like this is usually the same kinda people that skimp on a cheap junk crank also skimp on the kit, bearings, etc. so its always tough to tell if people are having problems due to the parts or due to the fact that they are cheap dummies with hackass builds.

i've been buying these ultra-cheap china vespa cranks now for a couple years and they run just fine. i wouldn't put one in a super high end build but for low performance kit builds they have held up just fine.

one thing i would say is throw away the wrist pin needle bearing and get a good one. i have seen so many cheap china needle bearings fail its not even funny. I buy the malossi one for all my builds.

I like value. I've had good luck with PGN bearings from eBay and salvaging original cranks. Latest failure was the Sachs 504 crank big end bearing. It looked perfect when built. If building a highly stressed kitted engine I'd spend more up front though.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> the problem with anything like this is usually the same kinda people

> that skimp on a cheap junk crank also skimp on the kit, bearings, etc.

> so its always tough to tell if people are having problems due to the

> parts or due to the fact that they are cheap dummies with hackass

> builds.

Dude it's moped, don't spend a lot on it.im dumb but I'm not cheap, I'm just not going to spend $300 bucks on some kit for my puch maxi moped. Lmao

There not supposed to run correctly lol

All my kits sounds like someone is playing kick the can

Someone buys a puch moped

someome buys a gmc

Someone buys a roll Royce

Who's being the cheap one?

Who's being the dumb one?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account