No clutch puller / Won’t crank, pedal backward clutch locked Tomos a3 targa

7D224BCD-2CD5-4CAE-979E-79A5050E5ED7.jpeg
9ECEA8BD-7C78-4C0B-9B0C-3D79CABDF58B.jpeg

Hey was riding my bike then went to start it up and it locked up whenever I tried to pedal backward . Now trying to get off clutch without clutch puller, tires and everything moves freely. Just won’t crank when I try to pedal backward

Re: No clutch puller / Won’t crank, pedal backward clutch locked Tomos a3 targa

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Spider gear in rear of tranny. Not the clutch The clip that helps the spider gear slide side to side probably failed and fell off jamming the kicker shaft. Look in the rear area

♣Slew Foot♣ /

No puller needed. Just a flywheel puller. U can get away using a strap wrench on it to free the clutch. You should get a 3/4 stroke piston stop. Try and find a rubber tip for it. The can opener shaped clip either broke or slipped out of the hollow.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

That is either an a55 with a a35 kit. Or an a35 btw the a3 was piston port. With a tiny wrist pin that kit would not fit on.

John Joedicke /

Push rope into piston through plug hole rotate to contact then undo nut. Lift out both clutch rotors. Reposition hairpin reverse procedure. That is a A35 with Airsal kit set up you have!

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That is either an a55 with a a35 kit. Or an a35 btw the a3 was piston

> port. With a tiny wrist pin that kit would not fit on.

A35. The A3 had both gears on the gear cluster cut at a slant. The big gear on that one is strange cut.

make sure your motor/piston is not locked up.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account