Re: Honda Motocompo / R7E alternatives?

JP Suli /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've found that the lobby area for my duplex isn't wide enough to hold my FA50 for long enough periods of time, the handlebars are far too wide and would make the door in the lobby unable to open or restrict one apartment from entering. The bikes that are kept inside are usually road bicycles, thin enough to not bother anyone coming in and out. For the FA50, most definitely I would need to build a ramp up the stairs as there isn't a way for me to carry it effectively.

My route, as long as I am not doing deliveries, does not change. I already know where potholes are, and I can only think of 1 spot where an 8-inch tire would cause an issue.

While I wouldn't bring in the moped every day, being able to bring it in when the weather is bad or I need to fix it would be nice. Fitting the moped in my car is really my main goal. My little sedan could bring my FA50 back and forth on the roof rack but that is pretty sketchy, otherwise, it would mean disassembly and I would be it would be a squeeze. I think what I'll do is make this a summer project for myself and design a little scooter similar to Motocompo if something doesn't turn up.

If I go that route, I may as well throw in a Lifan 125cc. Otherwise, it may be an eBay 2-stroke kit or something I can find at a junkyard. Hopefully, I can find something that doesn't require any modification for 12V

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account