Honda Motocompo / R7E alternatives?

JP Suli /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

For those who don't know what a Honda Motocompo is you should watch

this video that Mighty Car Mods made. I am based in the US and we never got these, the ones that are here are well above $3,000 when on eBay. The R7E moped existed in the late 90s, but I can't find that for $3,000 or below.

The reason I want something in this form factor is that it would allow me to bring this inside my apartment, which requires stairs to get to, or transport in my car easily, something that isn't possible with the FA50. While electric foldable bikes exist, I ride all year, and even when it is cold out, so batteries aren't really an option for me.

I was thinking of welding a frame together and getting one of those cheap eBay bike kits paired with 10" rims to get a similarly sized result, though I would have to get it registered somehow and would need a full light system on it. Otherwise, does anyone know a motorized bike that is road legal and with a similar dimension size of the Motocompo?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account