jawa 210 economy, got a problem with a lot of side play in rear wheel.

new bearings fitted, but still huge amount of play when holding wheel, to check for play. is it a fault of the spacers, or the poor fit in the bearings, when spindle put through the bearings, i would have thought the spindle should be a tap through fit. nowhere near that, would not pass any m.o.t test as it is. ONE can see the wheel moving on the outside of the wheel on the spindle. i think the bearings are far to small for the job they have to do, and not designed to fit on the extreme outer edge of the hub for more security,

Re: jawa 210 economy, got a problem with a lot of side play in rear wheel.

You're most likely missing a spacer. Check the diagram. I think you need the brake plate on the right, center spacer between the bearings and a small spacer on the left. Maybe something was missing before you started.

Look here at the spare parts list, page 11.2.

http://jawamoped.com/html/manuals.html

ok caught up with you, did not read your reply, to this, well i seem to have all the spacers in the correct place, will check the diameter of the spindle with a micrometer when i take it to pieces, it seems to have a a good fit, on certain positions when i spin the wheel, as if the spindle or shaft is oval, thats what it feels like, but the side play is 1/4 of an inch movement. it seems it wants a large washer to go over the spacer on the left side, between the the 18 tooth freewheel sprocket and the frame. that would take up the play. a mod worth considering if the new parts don,t do the job, thanks for your input. blackhawk

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account