General Vs. Pacer Vs. Safari

Hey guys! I been thinking about getting another moped. I want a top tank with A minarelli v1 with plans to kit etc. There are three peds that seem to fit the bill, Pacer Super Sport, General Five Star, and Safari mopeds. I know there are also some others because minarelli put there motors on a lot of peds but basically what I want to know is which of those is the nicest and why. Ok so maybe thats not a fair question... But you get the idea. I am leaning toward a safari mt400 but wasn't sure how it compared to the general and pacer. obviously they all have the same engine/clutch setup so it basically is a frame comparison. let me know what ya think...

Re: General Vs. Pacer Vs. Safari

good lick finding a safari......minerelli sold the motors, diddnt choose what bikes they went on.... generals are great bikes, share parts with alot of the other taiwan made bikes, clinton ect.....

pacer came with a morini, not a minerelli... right???

You should also consider a motomarina Sebring with v1 motor.

Caleb Walker /

Actually I have seen more safaris for sale than pacers. HAHAHA! just my luck to look at rare mopeds and not know it! ; )

As far as construction, durability, and ergonomics go which would you choose?

10/10 safari or motomarina.

kevin Smellaflange /

or..a HODAKA 100cc shifty 5 speed. lol

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Actually, the Safari had a really chintzy seat mount. Pacer Super Sport had Morini Franco M1, not Minarelli V1. Larry is right, the V1 Sebrings are sweet.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account