Temp Gauge Recommendation

Im sure this has been discussed many times, but I'm not finding the answer I'm looking for. I'm looking at trail tech reviews on Treatland, and they mostly complain about spark plug wire interference preventing use while riding. Is there a good, reliable temperature gauge? I don't want to drop $50 on a gauge that I can't even read when I need it. Please advise . Thanks!

Re: Temp Gauge Recommendation

Trailtech is perfectly fine, everyone uses those.

Hi,

I have had one of these now for the past two years and its still going strong and reads very accurately.

it performs well and I get no interference, its a really good bit of kit.

the ONLY downside is the non replaceable battery (trail tech say it lasts over 2 years), there is no way to replace the battery as its epoxied in.

there is another make out there that has a replaceable battery but cant vouch for that one and cant find the link have a good old google search.

simon

using gauge on a Peugeot 103 2 stroke with the pickup attached to the spark plug instead of the spark plug washer.

Just got the Dos Cycles multi Tuner- I'll let you know how it shakes out. Lights, Tach, and Temp so I'm optomistic about it. Link I currently have the Trail Tech though and its solid. Sucks at night though cause you can't read it at all when you're on full brrraaaappppppp!!!

I like that one from Dos, if it performs! I'll hafta give it a shot.

Jack Rutherford /

I bought that one that DOS has for sale. It eats batteries quickly probably because it has that backlit display. You'll get an error message when the battery is done. It also reads new batteries as being low on charge. Other than that, it seems fine.

I quit using temp gauges. I just keep one trailtech now that works just fine, and use it while I'm breaking in a kit/fresh rebuild, then I remove it when I'm happy with tuning. I found that it ruins my riding experience because I constantly stare at the numbers instead of enjoying the ride. I also have dumb brain object fixation tho too. Just food for thought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> Duane {SpicyBoys} Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I quit using temp gauges. I just keep one trailtech now that works just

> fine, and use it while I'm breaking in a kit/fresh rebuild, then I

> remove it when I'm happy with tuning. I found that it ruins my riding

> experience because I constantly stare at the numbers instead of enjoying

> the ride. I also have dumb brain object fixation tho too. Just food for

> thought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's what I do basically but even only then if I think a bike I'm tuning seems hot.

Overpriced Parts /

> Blake MD No PM Plz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Duane {SpicyBoys} Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I quit using temp gauges. I just keep one trailtech now that works

> just

>

> > fine, and use it while I'm breaking in a kit/fresh rebuild, then I

>

> > remove it when I'm happy with tuning. I found that it ruins my riding

>

> > experience because I constantly stare at the numbers instead of

> enjoying

>

> > the ride. I also have dumb brain object fixation tho too. Just food

> for

>

> > thought. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>

> That's what I do basically but even only then if I think a bike I'm

> tuning seems hot.

Yeah but you must not be drive going on a state routes with 45 to 55 mph speed limits for 5 miles at a time with truckers pand luxury car/SUV drivers on your ass that want to go a lot faster like I do !

When temps gets here 419-420F degrees occasionally (I run points because I never want to get stuck anywhere 10-15 miles from my house when it’s 95° out) I’ll pull over on the few state route parking areas if I’m getting really hot with aggressive drivers on my ass that want to do 10 to 15 miles an hour faster than the speed limit !

Every electronic ignition I tried, failed had or had left me stranded

but 40-year-old puch points ignition-points ignition never failed rarely ever in 200,000 + miles

Tomos ignition never failed ever but the stock clutches let me down!

I mean come on how could a moped drive 100 miles at 55-60 mph on a moped like I do almost constantly because 10 miles is a ride around the block where I live!

My magnum mopeds are basically like a 80-90cc enduro bike !

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account