Puch Maxi welded crossbar

Rodney Mopedfield /

I'm trying to figure out if welding a crossbar to a Maxi frame would be viable or not. I don't want to melt the frame's metal if it's too thin. If it is, I'll just get a bolt-on. But having a welded crossbar would be dope. Haven't found much info about it, thought I'd ask.

Re: Puch Maxi welded crossbar

Dirty30 Dillon /

Is the question is the metal too thin?

If so: no. If you know how to weld the metal is not too thin and welding will be structurally fine.

It's not too thin unless your tank is just rusty. Question is why?

Rodney Mopedfield /

Pretty much all my tanks are rusty from previous owner's lack of care. I mean I get it, some old moped owners just didn't have the same passion or time to allocate when they owned it.

The reason for my fears of melting the metal is from my brother telling me he thinks I'll ruin the frame if I do this. But I have seen some crossbar examples online. Maybe you guys know someone or are someone that can tell me a good course of actions? Such as pipe dimensions, techniques and ways to not fuck it up? lol

I'd get the pipe cut it to size fit it nice and snug. do it all yourself but have a pro tig weld it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account