Looking for fastest 50cc moped/scooter available to purchase online

I believe a 2 stroke is best option, but I'm fairly clueless on all of this. I have a moped license in South Carolina, but no drivers license. Know it can't be more than 50cc.

Needs to be street legal to register. Hoping to get one that can travel over 40mph if need be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Looking for fastest 50cc moped/scooter available to purchase online

You will have to buy a kitted used bike, try the buy/sell forum on this site. You are looking for a moped right? Not a scooter? (edited)

South Carolina law defines a moped as a cycle with or w/out ped I don't need pedals, not to exceed 50cc , designed to exceed 750 watts & no more than 1500 watts. Must have a powerdrive system that functions directly or automatically w/out clutching or shifting after drive is engaged.

Search New Jersey Craigslist for a Tomos.

I'm considering buying a TAOTAO ATM50A1 Scooter that's listed at 35mph. These guys on youtube raced stock mopeds, and the TOMOS Sprint was the fastest off the block in acceleration. "Moped Drag racing - for the title: FASTEST stock bike"

They had the fastest as the TOMOS Sprint. That sucker is listed on their website at $1700+tax, and says on site 30MPH speed? The one I'm already looking at (TAOTAO), says goes faster and for under $700 total? 4 stroke though.

I want something that I can legally register in South Carolina with just a moped license, but has the ability to travel over 35mph if need be. Two stroke would be the way to go, right?

> Edward Jess Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> South Carolina law defines a moped as a cycle with or w/out ped I don't

> need pedals, not to exceed 50cc , designed to exceed 750 watts & no more

> than 1500 watts. Must have a powerdrive system that functions directly

> or automatically w/out clutching or shifting after drive is engaged.

Umm, are you looking at an electric bicycle? Watts are units of measure for electric motors, not gasoline engines. The reason I ask is if you are looking for a scooter, (no pedals) is that this is not the right site for you, MN law is similar to yours with regard to pedals, a scooter can class as a moped here, but they are not mopeds in the true sense of the word, no matter what the law says. For what you want look at a scooter site. People there will know more of what you are looking for, my advise is a kitted early Zuma 2 stoke. (Yamaha) Stay away from Chinese makes, Kymco makes a great bike as does Vespa and Honda.

TaoTao...no, no, not ever.

No. Not looking for an electric bicycle. Gasoline. Was just listing what laws here in SC stated as legal with moped license.

"The reason I ask is if you are looking for a scooter, (no pedals) is that this is not the right site for you."

Thanks, was unaware.

"My advise is a kitted early Zuma 2 stoke. (Yamaha) Stay away from Chinese makes, Kymco makes a great bike as does Vespa and Honda."

Thanks once again.

Chinese junk, huh?

Buy used Japanese, or Taiwanese (kymco) Never buy Chinese unless you want to get one for every day of the week so when the Monday breaks down you can still ride on Tuesday. Do not get a moped, just don't. You can but should never rely on a moped as a sole means of transport if you can avoid it. I would say you shouldn't use a scooter either.

Also, get a license.

Why don't you have a drivers license? Because if you have a dui then you cant drive a moped either.... Only thing a moped license is for is if your 15. And can't get a drivers license yet. They finally changed the laws so no more liquorcycles.....

You can get a "moped license" still and need it if you can't get a driver's license. I know a few people here that got pulled for not registering and no moped lisence.

I have a 49cc Honda MB5 for sale in Myrtle Beach which runs about 50mph +-5 all day long

buddy 50 with a pipe and tuned vario will do a solid 40. cheap and reasonable quality.

is there a reason your stuck on 2 stroke? I would agree on not getting a moped for daily driving and your sole means of transport. If you get a 4 stroke scooter they run real nice and they can get up to 40mph fairly easily. Also, no mixing fuel. just fill up at any gas station.

We mentioned this multiple times here. We primarily specialize in mopeds with pedals. Scooters might be faster but their wiring is too complicated. Taotaos in my opinion have multiple failures within 5 years. You can also buy a bike that's kittable. The cheapest bikes to kit would be tomos and puch. Stock 50cc bikes in your state are only designed to be driven about 30 mph.

Chöschi21 C.K. /

Well, Yamaha Aerox for instance is fairly fast stock, goes, dependig on what model, they go 43-50 open Stock, Older shifter Bikes like Zündapp, Kreidler, Hercules and Puchs had an Official top speed of 53, but laying down on some of them could get you to ~55-60, know a Guy that had a Stock m50 Jet 6 that goes 64 with me laying on it. Otherwhise you could also get a Fantic od Beta with an am6, they also go ~50, a Yamaha YZR50 also can get you up to ~55 (edited)

kevin Smellaflange /

stephen simmons may be able to steer you in the right direction pm him...

Josiah Radebaugh /

I've ridden a 2018 Yamaha zuma 4 stoke. Pretty good. Probably put 200 miles on it when borrowing to ride. Metropolitans are pretty neat too. Does 40 at WOT governed of course. I don't want a scooter... Don't like the way they look. If it's not 40 years old and two stroke it's not good enough. Anyway a 4 stroke scooter would be a pretty good reliable mode of transportation.. I see mopeds not for transportation as it is almost more of a hassle to ride than to walk (if you're close to whatever) mostly because where I live is just hills and what trafic there is makes if pretty annoying to ride. Also about 1/5 of the streets are bricks and 2/5 garbage potholes so you have to crawl at 3 as to not shake the bike apart while a new scooter goes over it all with with ease.

kevin Smellaflange /

it doesn't matter how fast you go...

if a cop catches you going over 25/30ish mph...busted!

over here a yam zuma blew by a cop @ 40 mph.

the cop looked into the moped/scooter laws & he made it tough for everyone here.

all because of an idiot that couldn't use his head for more than a helmet rest...

i go slowish, until i see if my back & sides are clear of unmarked po-po. construction traffic cops too.

they all talk...roll it on in a safer for everyone area.

Just to bring this closer to being an on topic post while still benefitting the OP.... what’s the timeline on them Bye Bikes Blake?!? https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?1,4253147

Once those start coming in they should be real competition for the Taiwanese 2t scooters in price and performance.

kevin Smellaflange /

yam's scooters have always been made in taiwan...mc yam's in japan...taiwan is a better bargain than a chinese anything...lifan, etc.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Here's one good thing about the cops around here... They dont care.. The other day I passed 5 State patrol (all pulled one person over) and two sheriff. The first time i passed the Saties I was mostly legal asides not having a brake light and 20 sum days expired plates. They all looked (probably a given, I mean its a blue and chrome thing buzzing leaning around a corner). The second encounter was some sheriff that I passed on a completely unregistered Vespa grade with the original green white California plates. That's not to say something wont happen but hey.. They really don't care. We did however get pulled over by a statie because a hardwired Targa kept eating bulbs. As for scooters.. The only attention I've ever gotten is stupid rednecks in trucks. (edited)

Alotta states list power limits in watts vs horsepower, just units conversion, I think ga was written that way too?

Cops dont know. They dont know anything besides "under 50cc"

I had a cop tell me I couldn't ride on the street (not highway, just a city road) if the bike couldn't go at least 35, which is the exact opposite of the law. But that didnt stop him from calling a tow truck, which luckily took so long to show up he told me to push it home and left.

Moral is, it dont matter, if I were you I'd get a 2 stroke 90s early 2000s minarelli or mina clone motored 2t scooter. Zuma, Jog or a copy thereof. In fact that was my first scooter. It went almost 45 easily just cutting a simple wire, but I actually reconnected it to save the motor lol. I was new.

I second the 2000s minarelli. They are some of the best small 2 stroke cvt engines that there are.

Also, know your laws. Know them well enough to recite statute numbers. If you feel the need, carry a laminated copy with you. Fuck ignorance of the law. It goes both ways.

the adly-rt50 from http://bintelliscooters.com is moped but a scooter

IMG_0389-e1490214906751.jpg

> fred sams Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> the adly-rt50 from http://bintelliscooters.com is moped but a scooter

I hold firm to it's a noped according to the official MA flowchart.

^ Yep, the closest to a scooter with pedals seems to be the Derbi, never seen on irl though.

Pushrod Fifty /

Go with an old but good cond moped. Those chinese bikes will last maybee 3000 miles. The wheels are small and not stable enough for the speed they can go.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Looks like a modern ct70

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account