diving deeper into the sha

so, looking at the sha body i've noticed a few holes that i've seen but never thought about before,insight?

whats this hole under throttle opening? and does it go all the way thru to the atomizer?

1552230955580-1580219963.jpg

its a 16 16 del on left n a 15 15 rotung on right. also on the intake side the del has a cut out, is that attached all the way to that little hole in front?

15522311634041578134865.jpg

its a notch at the bottom, please enlighten, trying to get rid of a lean bog at idle w the rotung.

Re: diving deeper into the sha

so pulling out the atomizer on the rontung, looks like theres a bunch of holes 4 on that level,

1552231835739-1749865994.jpg

so im guessing it adds air to the idle mix before it goes thru the idle jet,hmmm

The choke plates are different too. Is the right carburator a clone?

He said one is a Rontung.

yeah, i welded the hole on the carb on the right to richen the choke n to compensate for vacumn post hogging.

1552234687657334001017.jpg

theres a coupla nice things i didnt notice on the rontung, open on top for easy punch out atomizer removal...

1552234814558-172471552.jpg

and the base of the atomizer has a slot so u can twist to align idle hole.

> pat splat Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> so pulling out the atomizer on the rontung, looks like theres a bunch of

> holes 4 on that level,

>

> it adds air to the idle mix before it goes thru the idle jet,hmmm

That's what happens in the big Hondas . The idle jet mainly provides gas/fuel , but , air is introduced around the main nozzle and basically shared with the idle circuit .

There isn’t an idle jet on Sha carbs. Idle is only set with the screw or notching the slide. That hole below the venturi is also drilled into the emulsion tube. If you take the tube out, make sure it’s realigned or else you won’t have an idle.

Graham did a good blog post many years ago you should read on outofcontrolmopeds

> Ben Whittle Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There isn’t an idle jet on Sha carbs. Idle is only set with the screw or

> notching the slide. That hole below the venturi is also drilled into the

> emulsion tube. If you take the tube out, make sure it’s realigned or

> else you won’t have an idle.

>

> Graham did a good blog post many years ago you should read on

> outofcontrolmopeds

True that^ , from what I gather .

So , I should have said idle 'circuit' instead of 'jet' .

Did you add a rubber o ring on the intake side of the clone to seal it? They almost always need one or it runs lean

im anti wiki on that rubber gasket/shim combo, i like the one plastic shim. i have some other issue somewhere thats causing this low lean condition, the search continues.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Ive seen alot of SHA's sucking air around the clamp area. Seems like regardless of what type of seal you use (rubber oring or plastic bushing) they tend to suck air there.

kevin Smellaflange /

bushing & 0 ring

My SHA had an air leak around the clamp area until I added an o-ring.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account