Motobecane

Marc Andre de Seve /

New to the forum looking for information on old motobecane.. Anyone have any spare parts trying to restore!

DSC_0169.JPG

Re: Motobecane

Wow! Sp 94 or 98 maybe? The dual variated dream gear box in the us for awhile. Very cool bike. Someone will know more

Bruce Zapper /

Very cool! Like to see the other side.

Marc Andre de Seve /

Hello hey thanks for the reply.. Yeah I actually found the tag on it... 68 sp94 it says... Found this for $200 canadian... Not sure the worth of it but def want to restore it... Can't seem to find anything in these parts

DSC_0165.JPG

kevin Smellaflange /

rear variated?

on / off road or dirt road?

i would get a clean carb & air filter , k&n sytle on it...

grease is going to be wax by now.

Marc Andre de Seve /

I have no idea what it is... Just got it in my dirty garage... Def going to give her a scrubbing to see what I am dealing with. It looks complete I also have the side gaurd for it... Just can't seem to find much info... Def more of an off road compared to my other motobecane... Dunno what to do with it yet

kevin Smellaflange /

complete but ancient.

i would do seals & bearing & speedo before it does u.

Pressure wash would do wonders . ;)

Take the time to Clean & Polish it By Hand !! When you see her clean you'll wanna keep her Long Term. Sweet Score.

Marc Andre de Seve /

Anyone know how much it's worth?

Its worth anything between 200 and 1000$ depending on your location and the condition of the bike.

Marc Andre de Seve /

Ok thanks good to know... Wasn't sure which moped to work on first... My garage is starting to get full of projects... Sorta. Like. The look of this one so I will prolly start on it so I can ride this summer... Also wasn't sure to to keep it original or play around with it.. Also have this yellow one was gonna swap out the rims

DSC_0172.JPG

Those are Le Moped wheels, both are nice bikes, just get them running stock and enjoy them.

I agree, both. But if just one, the sp94. I can’t imagine that it would be easy to find another one of those.

But both. (edited)

Marc Andre de Seve /

Started doing a little cleaning and it's in better shape then I thought

DSC_0184.JPG

Motobecane put very good paint on their bikes, it will buff out very nice if you are the patient type. :)

Marc Andre de Seve /

Yup I def am... And have experience doing so on old paint and gel coats... I will def take pictures of the progress... Looks like it turns over and has good compression... Just go in to do a tune up on her! Can't believe a dude had this locked away in his garage for years.

Pushrod Fifty /

Real sweet!

Bruce Zapper /

Looks like they brought back the tank emblem from the 76

Bruce Zapper /

Are you taking pictures through a peep-hole?

Bruce Zapper /

Vlx muffler and skid plate,guessing the the motor doesn't move like the older models? (edited)

Marc Andre de Seve /

Yeah sorry ell phone camera had grease on lens. Lol noticed that after gave it a cleanin. But yeah it looks like the motor is fixed in place doesn't really move back and forth like my other ped. It's also the same emblem on my yellow moped... Can't wait for the snow to disappear so I can give it a real cleanin and try her out I am wondering how fast it will actually go

kevin Smellaflange /

are u going to ride this daily?

save the original parts...

Marc Andre de Seve /

I would like to use it when I can... Don't live far from work so it would be just to mess around with mostly.. Gf doesn't really like the idea of me ripping around an two wheels. The garage has 4 mopeds an a 75 cb250 I am. Also rebuilding... To many projects at once... But the sp looks promising

kevin Smellaflange /

you could always ''store'' the red motobecane

in my garage. free of course. lol

Marc Andre de Seve /

Finally got the beast up and running... After a tune up she starts up like that.. Seems to have way more pep then my other motobecane.. Can't wait for no more snow for a top speed run

^ awesome, keep the pics coming, itching to ride myself...we've lost a ton of snow, the other ton should be gone soon... :)

What a beauty! Love the style of that moby!

Nice

Marc Andre de Seve /

Finally got the fork off the motobecane... Who woulda known how pesky it is to change out for the first time

DSC_0227.JPG

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account