Just Saying Hello As I’m A Newbie

Paul Archibald /

Hi, I just bought a Puch Condor 111 and am looking to get as much information as I can about it so I can register it here in UK. There was no documentation with it but I know it was for the model years 1986/7. 5901526 is the frame number, does anyone know how I can identify this as 1986 or 1987?

Re: Just Saying Hello As I’m A Newbie

Bruce Zapper /

Pictures would help!

Paul Archibald /
F6E5BFD8-023A-4D7B-835D-076F8C3ADC35.png

Here’s a photo

Paul Archibald /
348CC8FE-B6D7-40E8-9A75-1D2A320EB8D9.png

And the other side.

Bruce Zapper /

I don't about where you are but where I am that would have to be registered as a motorcycle! Do you know the motor size? Looks nice!

Bruce Zapper /

Do the pedals do anything or are just dummy pedals?

Bruce Zapper /

By the way hello!

You can just choose what year it was made, the registration office has no way of checking it.

> Paul Archibald Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> And the other side.

Might be of interest to you.

https://www.retrotrials.com/1987-shootout-derbi-fds-50--motor-hispania-fda--puch-condor-iii-rieju-rv-50-iii-test2.html

Jesus that’s gorgeous. Nice score.

Bruce, these are 50cc shifty bikes with functional pedals, making them mopeds and allowing younger folk to legally ride in Europe. Here in the states they would be registered as motorcycles in most places due to the fact that they are manual shift.

There’s no vin plate with a year stamped in anywhere? Seems strange.

omg sex on a stick. beautiful....

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> There’s no vin plate with a year stamped in anywhere? Seems strange.

I don't think I've ever seen a Puch with the year stamped on the plate.

There is always room for it but it's always left blank. (Baujahr is the year of manufacture)

(edited)

Interesting! I’ve never seen one here without the year stamped on the plate. They probably needed the year notes for export information, I’d guess.

Dirty30 Dillon /

The Euro Maxi we have in the shop has that same plate, no year

The ultimate moped with gears and pedals are very few. That's one of them right there.

Paul Archibald /

> Jim Jones Wrote:

> > Paul Archibald Wrote:

> Thanks for the tip about the magazine Jim. It’s dated February 1987 so I guess it’s a sort of proof that the moped was current then. Every little helps when trying to overcome “ the system “!

>

> > And the other side.

>

> Might be of interest to you.

>

> https://www.retrotrials.com/1987-shootout-derbi-fds-50--motor-hispania-fda--puch-condor-iii-rieju-rv-50-ii

Paul Archibald /
D765AB53-765A-493C-A6EE-521FEE585E93.png
D765AB53-765A-493C-A6EE-521FEE585E93.png

I haven’t found a plate like the ones in the posts, just the frame number stamped onto the frame at the headstock.

If there is a plate its probably somewhere behind the sidecovers, but like i said, just choose a year. Puch did not save their records so there is absolutely no way for the registration office to know if its a 86 or 87.

Paul Archibald /

Thanks dutchpuch.

Paul Archibald /

Does anyone on the forum have a Puch Condor? I’m still trying to get a manufacture date for mine so I can register it.

Re: Just Saying Hello As I’m A Newbie with a Puch Condor

Paul Archibald /

If you have seen my earlier post, I have changed the title slightly in the hope of getting the attention of anyone who has a Puch Condor. I am still looking for information to date my bike from the frame number so I can register it here in the UK. It’s either 1986 or 1987 but I need to know which. If you have one please let me know if your frame number is earlier or later than mine and which year yours is from. Thanks in advance for your help, Paul

Chöschi21 C.K. /

You can sometimes find Stamps on Engine Blocks, Wheels and stuff like that. it looks like there was a vin Plate up front at the Headstock.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account