trying to go 45mph on av7 Moby. Possible?? help!!

Im trying to get my Moby to go about 45mph with out spending to much money. I want this thing to run nice without having it seize or having constant issues. I've been reading lots of threads and people are all over the place. this is what I've gathered so far on treats. let me know what you think and if what I have is useless or to add more.

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 12.36.01 PM.png

Re: trying to go 45mph on av7 Moby. Possible?? help!!

You should be able to see 40 without any of that stuff, READ the wiki, it is all laid out there. This is not a 4 cycle scooter engine where you can just plug and play, that pipe is for a much bigger carb and larger displacement cyl. The stock Motobecane pipe is actually very good, especially if opened up a bit, get the 15 carb and intake from treats, call it a day.

I'd start off with the SKF bearing and seal kit, stock gasket set, points and condenser. Once you have the bottom end apart you can inspect the crank and decide if you want to change that. That should get you running and reliable in stock form. After that I'd consider the mild port map you'll find floating around on this forum somewhere, and maybe the shorty SHA intake, and a used 14/14 carb from ebay since they're cheap. There aren't really any readily available aftermarket pipes that work well with the stock cylinder. Stick with the stock pipe at first, or hack and weld some sort of circuit pipe.

And judging by your discount amount you were ready to shell out close to $500 to do 45mhp which makes no sense. You can buy a nice small displacement 2T motorcycle for that.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /
Motobecaneturbo.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account