Mailing Wheels....

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

If you've ever mailed a moped wheel before, you know what a hassle it can be to find a suitable size box to fit it's goofy dimensions. This morning, I picked up a box at the post office which is the absolute perfect size for shipping a 17" or smaller wheel (axle removed of course). Just ask your local postal clerk if they have the box that their flattened priority mail boxes were shipped in to their branch. The best part about these boxes besides them being the perfect size is, they are absolutely free! The PO just throws them into a recycling bin after they take out the contents. The clerk at my post office is even gonna save them for me when they come in.

So get those boxes and start shipping wheels!

Re: Mailing Wheels....

Jeremy Homser /

Thanks for the heads up. Last time i shipped a wheel i had to make a box

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Jeremy Homser Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the heads up. Last time i shipped a wheel i had to make a box

Me too, and it was a mess. Not anymore.

kevin Smellaflange /

fat tire bicycle wheel boxes.

Bump! Thanks,Larry!

Problem with shipping wheels is the postage costs.

> Avery M. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Problem with shipping wheels is the postage costs.

Taking off the tires and tubes helps tremendously. If they're old, pitch em.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I buy all my shipping supplies from...

http://www.amshippingsupplies.com/

I usually buy the 18x18x6 (1 wheel) & 20x20x12 (2 wheels) boxes for rims. The 20x20x12 will allow you to ship 2 wheels while off setting the axles enough to get them in compact.

FYI, they are the cheapest source ive found for shipping tape & plastic film wrap. Plus boxes are cheap as well. Go to UPS sometime if you want a good chuckle and see what they want for a box.

Thanks for the link,Jimmy!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account