Rectifier on Bravo

Hey guys, I've been at WIKI looking for a tutorial on placing a rectifier on the Bravo. I found the info that explains LEDs , ac/dc, and dc conversion. I'm trying my best to navigate WIKI, Any leads as to where I should look? (edited)

Re: Rectifier on Bravo

What's to figure out ?

Order a new one . Unbolt and unplug the old one and put the new one in it's place . Done .

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What's to figure out ?

>

> Order a new one . Unbolt and unplug the old one and put the new one in

> it's place . Done .

Most Bravos didn't come with turn signals, battery, or rectifier. It was optional. He doesn't have an old one to remove. It sounds like he wants to retrofit his system to accept blinkers.

Just Google FULL WAVE 50V RECTIFIER. You should be able to find one for around $5.

Here is an example of one that will work for you.

link to a rectifier

I'm sorry I didn't explain well enough. I would like the tail light changed so it's brighter. Also try to modify my headlight bucket with an insert if possible. (edited)

> Seth B Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > What's to figure out ?

>

> >

>

> > Order a new one . Unbolt and unplug the old one and put the new one in

>

> > it's place . Done .

>

> Most Bravos didn't come with turn signals, battery, or rectifier. It was

> optional. He doesn't have an old one to remove. It sounds like he wants

> to retrofit his system to accept blinkers.

OK . Learn something new , everyday . Thanks . ;)

No problemo..P.D.

If you are seeking a brighter tail light make sure that all the wiring is really cleanly put together not frayed not slightly shorting out somewhere all the connectors are robust and you should have a pretty bright rear light if all you're running is a headlight and a tail light on a bravo 6 volt. The wiring connectors right near the carburetor are pretty easily deteriorated also the wiring harness that extends from that connector to the rear tail light is often in bad shape and while you're at it go check out all that switching that for the light on and off and on the left side pod you'll find that something is worn and if you fix all of that wiring really nicely put together you'll have bright lights

I'm looking into LED front & rear lights.

With six volt light coil? Well I'm not sure whats the value. True maybe at a high rpm u will get more voltage but my experience with Vespa light coils is that they dont produce crazy voltages when running.

But ... Float both ends of the right coil and hook both ends into the ac side of a five wire trail tech volt reg and rectifier and see what the DC current is volt wise. Then buy a Larsen lighting led head light and something for the rear led wise and rewire your bike to a kinetic wiring diagram. I did this with my grande. If u don't follow these directions then keep studying thewiring diagrams and basic electricity.

I did led lights on my ciao, I floated the light coil and ran it to a cheap gy6 regulator/rectifier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-4-Wires-Voltage-Regulator-Rectifier-for-ATV-GY6-50cc-150cc-Motorcycle-Parts-/123349404170

You will need to change the brake light switches on the levers and separate the ignition from the rear brake light.

I’m running this light in the headlight housing, it will fit if you mod the outside ring.

Led Light Bar Nilight 2PCS 4.5" 27w 3000LM Round Spot Light Pod Off Road Fog Driving Roof Bar Bumper for Jeep,SUV Truck , Hunters, 2 years Warranty

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GC60QTA/

(edited)

0FB679DA-F80D-438A-B15D-B9CA6D8496CC.jpeg

I also wired in these capacitors

4700 Uf (4700UF) 25V 105C Radial Electrolytic Capacitor (Pack of 5)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073V6L0M/

This thread has a decent wiring diagram to wire the led lights.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?6,3991943

I'm experimenting with making 12v on a Vespa. The turn signal bikes came with three coils. The extra coil was for charging the battery. I'm going to wire the light coil and the battery coil in series, run it through a regulator and see what I get.

I didn’t test to see what my voltage output was but the led lights are super bright even at idle with no flicker.

That's what I saw on a video Joe...bright at idle.. I'm going to take notes on all these suggestions. And keep studying . Thanks guys!

I’m gonna do my grande next, it’s nice to have bright lights at night.

Too true Joe! Keep me posted please.

The kinetic ignition is 12 v but the whole thing needs to go kinetic. And the cdi is a pain. I have a whole set I would sell. I have both OEM kinetic cdi and the parma with a curve. All available for what I paid Cosmo

Here’s a pic of the led lights on the ciao at idle.

A7D3088C-1091-4423-9CAB-4CFF5C72BD1C.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account