Paint Match?

Josiah Radebaugh /

Rust... My Blue 103 has some rust popping up where the paint was chipped and its starting to spread. I'd like to repaint it before riding season. What are some almost exact matches? I was thinking maybe a modified for Grabber Blue..

Re: Paint Match?

Check : touch up

Click on the Touch up , spray can .

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I had a grabber blue Ford Maverick back in the day. That color is pretty close to Peugeot blue.

Josiah Radebaugh /

There is a semi-local shop that mixes and sells just about every thing. For something really close to what I'm looking for it'd be about $180(?). The one thing I worry about is fuel resistance. Spilling gas on the factory paint softens it, but is fine as long as you don't wipe it off (as I found out). I found a pretty close match that I think can handle a little something, unfortunately its $20 for 11oz and I don't even know how close it is. Only one way to find out...

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Well darn. That's very moped. Expansive and you don't even get what ya need.

Dirty30 Dillon /

$180 for touch up paint is ridiculous. At that rate, just repaint the whole bike.

That said, I never repaint or touch up anything.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Oh, didnt make that clear. It was something above $160 for actual paint.

> Josiah Radebaugh Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> There is a semi-local shop that mixes and sells just about every thing.

> For something really close to what I'm looking for it'd be about

> $180(?). The one thing I worry about is fuel resistance. Spilling gas on

> the factory paint softens it, but is fine as long as you don't wipe it

> off (as I found out). I found a pretty close match that I think can

> handle a little something, unfortunately its $20 for 11oz and I don't

> even know how close it is. Only one way to find out...

Automotive clear coat should be very gasoline resistant. Go for it!

If you wanna go cheap, Rust-Oleum 2xcover has a blue spray paint that is almost a perfect match. Use auto clear spray over it and it's gas resistant after it cures. Home Depot has it.

I restored a 103 a few years back with it. But, it's a match for new, original paint. Depends on how faded your paint is.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account